MTA light version

Sergei

Hello.

I have been thinking what can be improved to MTA to make it more user friendly and also more popular and I think that whole client installation and usage is a bit complicated for new users. Maybe that is also one of the reasons why people prefer SAMP more, since installation and usage is much simplier and faster.

So here are my thoughts. Make "light" client version. It woudln't give you options for what to install, but it would automaticly install you only things which are primary for MTA to be able to operate (no server package, map editor, etc). Make "external" server browser (like SAMP works) which would be like current MTA browser is, just that it would open up faster without loading MTA interface. When you would connect to server through it it would load MTA interface obviously and automaticly connect you to that server. MTA interface would be available like normal, just if you clicked editor or host a game it would say that that they aren't available in light version.

/discuss

Adding an external server browser has very little to do with a light version, but I suppose it's possible as it is. Though, in my opinion, MTA should focus more on a non-GM server list before making something like that. Especially since there already is a perfectly usable server browser AND you can also use Game-Monitor.

As for SA-MP being easier to install than MTA, I don't get what you mean at all. Both installation procedures consist of pressing NEXT until you're done. No huge puzzle to either of them.

Adding an external server browser has very little to do with a light version, but I suppose it's possible as it is. Though, in my opinion, MTA should focus more on a non-GM server list before making something like that. Especially since there already is a perfectly usable server browser AND you can also use Game-Monitor.

As for SA-MP being easier to install than MTA, I don't get what you mean at all. Both installation procedures consist of pressing NEXT until you're done. No huge puzzle to either of them.

I think what he wants to make we understand in the whole point is the external client, wich shows the servers and click to connect.

I think the external client should be tried just in way to we see if we really get more players with this.

Actualy i think mta player count is not that bad. Gamemonitor shows at this moment 200 servers for 1500/1800 players wich gives around 9 player per server.

samp is 16000 per 3000 servers giving around 4 players per server. so we arent so bad like some people say, but yea, the more players come the more good we will be :).

Edit: Maybe for that light edition i might propouse a portable version ? wich holds that external client + the advange of being portable? ( people put it on the pen + the gta instalation and run for example )

Edit2: Another thing wich makes people give up (and that im 100% sure since happened with me but then i come back again) is the masterlist retrieve comum bug. Loads of people say they cant see it including me. using gamemonitor is a solution however is needed more effort to search the servers in a webpage and copy the ip to favorites ( yes because my mta also dont open the ips from the site ).that should be a hight priority to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
if it would be posible would be nice to sync copy/paste ingame and out of game, would rly help when need connect to some ip or export ip and show to someone

You mean copying server IP from MTA server browser for friends? ye that would be good feature.. not possible right now, you need to write it down manually; as for now we got not so big servers list, so just tell your friend desired server name, and he can find it easily by entering given name to the search field.

if it would be posible would be nice to sync copy/paste ingame and out of game, would rly help when need connect to some ip or export ip and show to someone

You mean copying server IP from MTA server browser for friends? ye that would be good feature.. not possible right now, you need to write it down manually; as for now we got not so big servers list, so just tell your friend desired server name, and he can find it easily by entering given name to the search field.

2 friends have browser broken

Why not do something more with the Community login system ? Like something like Steam, Just that you see what server your friend is playing (As this will mean scripting in the buddy system)

As if the first time you start up MTA it will ask you to login, register or do this later and then have a little description box showing of the features with making an MTA Community user.

It will help some how to the bug were people cant retrive servers from the server browser, just by like this

Lets say i have a friend called Max and he is playing at Vallhalla RPG server then it will show up like this when you start up MTA

*Max is Online | Playing at: Vallhalla RPG Server | Join Game?* Then you click on the Join game butten :)

----

Anyway adding an external server browser in the pack with mta can be done ? As if it would have been called MTA Light ?

Cool idea though :)