About 1.0.3 : Block ability to edit game files

solidsnake

Like I also said in the news thread, servers mostly do not want modified game files. If they do want it, it's their choice to activate the ability. I don't see anything wrong with the idea, and especially not on the development side.

Great but most of players modified there game file like skins / car mods ... etc

so as i think it should be off like older versions by default & who want this ability turned on like in some RPG servers or Stealth servers

Then that's their problem. MTA doesn't really encourage self-modification of files HENCE why this function was introduced in the first place.

Car models can be replaced by a server, handling will have that same feature soon (and in the meantime, people who adjust handling is a pain in the ass for most players and server owners) and apart from those, there's no reason at ALL for modding.

Great but most of players modified there game file like skins / car mods ... etc

so as i think it should be off like older versions by default & who want this ability turned on like in some RPG servers or Stealth servers

Think about the issues when players don't have same modifications. If they want to have modifications, a lot of these are already available to be scripted in MTA, which means all of the players will have them.

• MTA Team

I partially agree with what you're saying - using clientside non-intrusive mods like player skins or models (graphical only, no collisions, handling or stats changes) could be allowed by default if it's currently not allowed, with a possible setting to block that as well. It obviously had to be handled in a different way than what it is now, ideally by some system similar to server-side resources, but for client.

Handling or weapon statistic mods should definitely stay disabled by default as they are now, due to the level of cheating which involves these methods.

Instead of throwing an error at the player MTA should silently replace any modded file with the original one for the time he spends on a protected server.

However im not sure if including original GTA data in an MTA release wouldn't cause any legal issues.

That, I guess, would be even more ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i read all posts >>> so can i control type of kicking modifing file .... for example allow handling modify & disallow weapons modify :?: cuz we host 2 server 1 for drift & other for stealth (drift players cant play stealth) & in same time i dont want who have modifed weapons (weapons mod or whatever called)

• 2 weeks later...
I have great idea that download weapons.dat if server (for examle : stealth) & handling.cfg (for race) all this instead of kicking (at least if this added to settings) 0 = default no kick -1 = kick 1= download default weapons.dat / handling.cfg etc & its very small size

what is this I don't even

Punctuation called they wanted to know why you never use them