Map/Resource Help

Mogems

Question

Hey. I recently started making maps with the MTA map editor. I made a map for the RP server I play on, but couldn't find the resource.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be in Progrem Files > MTA San Andreas > Server > Mods > Deathmatch > Resources, so that's where I've looked but had no luck finding it. When I start up a LAN server I can start the resource by name, but I don't know where the server is finding the map from, but it's taking it from somewhere that I can't seem to find. I've tried re-installing MTA if anybody was going to suggest that, didn't work though.

If anybody knows where I can find it, or why I can't seem to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Mogems

9 answers to this question

Hey. I recently started making maps with the MTA map editor. I made a map for the RP server I play on, but couldn't find the resource.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be in Progrem Files > MTA San Andreas > Server > Mods > Deathmatch > Resources, so that's where I've looked but had no luck finding it. When I start up a LAN server I can start the resource by name, but I don't know where the server is finding the map from, but it's taking it from somewhere that I can't seem to find. I've tried re-installing MTA if anybody was going to suggest that, didn't work though.

If anybody knows where I can find it, or why I can't seem to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Mogems

You're presumably running Windows Vista or 7. The problem is that these OS prevent applications writing to the Program Files directory. Two solutions:

- Run Multi Theft Auto as Administrator

- Install Multi Theft Auto outside the Program Files directory, e.g. c:\Multi Theft Auto.

You can find the files though if you really want them: see http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasSho ... ation.aspx

You're presumably running Windows Vista or 7. The problem is that these OS prevent applications writing to the Program Files directory. Two solutions:

- Install Multi Theft Auto outside the Program Files directory, e.g. c:\Multi Theft Auto.

You can find the files though if you really want them: see http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasSho ... ation.aspx

I am running it on Vista. I've tried running it as admin, didn't do anything. I installed it out of the default directory, and I got 79 more resources, but not my maps. And I had no luck finding anything in AppData.

I am running it on Vista. I've tried running it as admin, didn't do anything. I installed it out of the default directory, and I got 79 more resources, but not my maps. And I had no luck finding anything in AppData.