MTA settings backup?

StillWaiting

Question

i had mta installed on my winxp box. when i upgraded to win7, i just copied the entire MTA directory. i want to upgrade to v.1.0.3(?) because i expect/hope i wont have to run MTA in xp compatibility mode anymore. anyway, with that said, how do i backup all my settings so that i dont have to reset keybinds or chatbox etc etc.

3 answers to this question

i had mta installed on my winxp box. when i upgraded to win7, i just copied the entire MTA directory. i want to upgrade to v.1.0.3(?) because i expect/hope i wont have to run MTA in xp compatibility mode anymore. anyway, with that said, how do i backup all my settings so that i dont have to reset keybinds or chatbox etc etc.

I think all of the data you want to keep (client-side, at least) is in:

%MTA install folder%/MTA/coreconfig.xml

Backup that file, and you've got most stuff covered. I don't think you'd really need any other files.

But eh, 1.0.3 won't override your settings for as far as I know... You can always backup just in case, but I doubt it's really necessary.

I think all of the data you want to keep (client-side, at least) is in:

%MTA install folder%/MTA/coreconfig.xml

Backup that file, and you've got most stuff covered. I don't think you'd really need any other files.

But eh, 1.0.3 won't override your settings for as far as I know... You can always backup just in case, but I doubt it's really necessary.