[Question]Resources

Exploit

I'd like to know what advantages / disadvantages ( if any ) there are between building a gamemode ALL in 1 resource or separating it in more then 1 resources.

Is it the same thing?

Any links for better explanation?

If you edit a client file in a resource will the client have to download the whole client resource again or the file only?

Any other info related to the subject

Thanks in advance

(Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this)

I'd like to know what advantages / disadvantages ( if any ) there are between building a gamemode ALL in 1 resource or separating it in more then 1 resources.

Is it the same thing?

Any links for better explanation?

If you edit a client file in a resource will the client have to download the whole client resource again or the file only?

Any other info related to the subject

Thanks in advance

(Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this)

A gamemode is best suited for a single resource, IMO. Remember, you can still have multiple files in one resource (and you should take advantage of that to make your scripts more compartmentalized). However, in order to "justify" spreading a script or gamemode across resources, it should be really massive. (Like the editor.) Making script files in one resource communicate with eachother is easy. Making individual resources interact with eachother is more difficult.

Clients will only download non-existent or updated files, so they don't download the entire resource again.

For some more info, you can take a look at my guide. It has a separate chapter for resources.

http://robhol.net/guide/basics/

A gamemode is best suited for a single resource, IMO. Remember, you can still have multiple files in one resource (and you should take advantage of that to make your scripts more compartmentalized). However, in order to "justify" spreading a script or gamemode across resources, it should be really massive. (Like the editor.) Making script files in one resource communicate with eachother is easy. Making individual resources interact with eachother is more difficult.

Clients will only download non-existent or updated files, so they don't download the entire resource again.

For some more info, you can take a look at my guide. It has a separate chapter for resources.

http://robhol.net/guide/basics/

Thanks for the info

EDIT:

Another question on resources

I was thinking, if for example you have a resource that you want only a few acl groups to download, not everyone.

Is it possible?

Example: An admin resource that only acl specified admins will make use of, so I'd like only the admins to downlaod the client files since for the general players it's useless and just increases the downloading time.

Thanks for the info

EDIT:

I was thinking, if for example you have a resource that you want only a few acl groups to download, not everyone.

Is it possible?

Example: An admin resource that only acl specified admins will make use of, so I'd like only the admins to downlaod the client files since for the general players it's useless and just increases the downloading time.

Thanks for the info

EDIT:

Is it possible?

No.

Thanks for the info

EDIT:

Is it possible?

No.

Separate things into multiple resources if you think that the individual resources are useful on their own. If you can see yourself (or others) using some of the code you've written from other resources, it's a good candidate for being it's own resource. This will generally make your code neater too. That said, there is some overhead in passing data between resources, it shouldn't be significant in most cases.

Separate things into multiple resources if you think that the individual resources are useful on their own. If you can see yourself (or others) using some of the code you've written from other resources, it's a good candidate for being it's own resource. This will generally make your code neater too. That said, there is some overhead in passing data between resources, it shouldn't be significant in most cases.