[Centos 5.4] libpcre.so.3 error

Nich

Hi,

I have a problem with running a MTA SA server on my VPS(Linux Centos 5.4), when i try to run it, i get:

./mta-server: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried reinstalling and upgrading pcre and pcre-devel, but nothing. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with running a MTA SA server on my VPS(Linux Centos 5.4), when i try to run it, i get:

./mta-server: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried reinstalling and upgrading pcre and pcre-devel, but nothing. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Did you tried to install: libpcre3 ?

Hi,

Thanks

Did you tried to install: libpcre3 ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you have yum installer, just install/update pcre and pcre-devel

yum install pcre
yum install pcre-devel

than open /usr/lib directory and find there "libpcre.so.3". If it founded you are done.

If no such file ("libpcre.so.3") there, just find any file (not link) which name starts from "libpcre.so" (for example - libpcre.so.0.0.1, libpcre.so). Make a symbolic links to it for /lib and /usr/lib :

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3
ln -s /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /lib/libpcre.so.3

if no "libpcre.so.X.X.X" files in /usr/lib you can find it in /lib. After this make some think like this

ln -s /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3
ln -s /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /lib/libpcre.so.3

and you are done. If some problems still here, you can make same actions for file start with "libpcreposix.so".

• 2 weeks later...
if you have yum installer, just install/update pcre and pcre-devel

yum install pcre
yum install pcre-devel

than open /usr/lib directory and find there "libpcre.so.3". If it founded you are done.

If no such file ("libpcre.so.3") there, just find any file (not link) which name starts from "libpcre.so" (for example - libpcre.so.0.0.1, libpcre.so). Make a symbolic links to it for /lib and /usr/lib :

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3
ln -s /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /lib/libpcre.so.3

if no "libpcre.so.X.X.X" files in /usr/lib you can find it in /lib. After this make some think like this

ln -s /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3
ln -s /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /lib/libpcre.so.3

and you are done. If some problems still here, you can make same actions for file start with "libpcreposix.so".

tried that.. still not working :/

• Discord Moderators

I would suggest you simply rebuild your VPS to Debian 5, and backup your files before you do so. Don't do this if you have programs which are only compatible with CentOS.