MTA 0.5 (2010 BACK PLS) or MTA 0.6

Tireur

Question

Tireur said below,there are certainly some ppl who'll enjoy MTA:VC."Absence" of the ASE browser shouldn't be an obstacle for bringing teh good times back.The client works well,we're just in need of someone to take care about hosting(I could also host but I'll have to focus on rl things the following weeks)Let's show the MTA team that we still care of their good old "buggy" MTA:VC 0.5 ;D.

*So what you think ?

Tireur said below,there are certainly some ppl who'll enjoy MTA:VC."Absence" of the ASE browser shouldn't be an obstacle for bringing teh good times back.The client works well,we're just in need of someone to take care about hosting(I could also host but I'll have to focus on rl things the following weeks)Let's show the MTA team that we still care of their good old "buggy" MTA:VC 0.5 ;D.

*So what you think ?

This could also go under MTA 0.5 but I totally agree with you,Tireur.

Appearently,there's a possibility for an unofficial update,but instead of just waiting,maybe we and some old players would come back thanks to a "stable" server .

It would be g r e a t to see MTA:VC as active as it was before[...](Maybe not that much,or..why not ? ;-]

This could also go under MTA 0.5 but I totally agree with you,Tireur.

Appearently,there's a possibility for an unofficial update,but instead of just waiting,maybe we and some old players would come back thanks to a "stable" server .

It would be g r e a t to see MTA:VC as active as it was before[...](Maybe not that much,or..why not ? ;-]

I've been working on it, at least the SCM portion of MTA:VC 0.5 (read here). An update to MTA3's SCMs will happen if a release occurs.

The current broken ASE server browser can likely be replaced with Game-Monitor, since it seems to track MTA:3/VC servers as well.

There's not much else I can say. If I have some news I'll post it. If you want an update about my VC SCM project I can post one (haven't posted any progress updates since September, but the changelog is current as of today).

I've been working on it, at least the SCM portion of MTA:VC 0.5 (read here). An update to MTA3's SCMs will happen if a release occurs.

The current broken ASE server browser can likely be replaced with Game-Monitor, since it seems to track MTA:3/VC servers as well.

There's not much else I can say. If I have some news I'll post it. If you want an update about my VC SCM project I can post one (haven't posted any progress updates since September, but the changelog is current as of today).

Okay,I think there are 2 main reasons of MTA:VC's recent inactivity which dissuade the newcomers from playing.First being the virus detection which is an absolute false alarm.Secondly,it seems to be an hard to get work,I mean,for us,fixing those errors may be easy but for a completely new to MTA:VC person that would be really hard(not all of them follow the forums also),so as a result he gives up.

* I've been wondering if it's possible to even "try" to fix these problems in the future.(maybe with the update).Anyways good luck with the process

Okay,I think there are 2 main reasons of MTA:VC's recent inactivity which dissuade the newcomers from playing.First being the virus detection which is an absolute false alarm.Secondly,it seems to be an hard to get work,I mean,for us,fixing those errors may be easy but for a completely new to MTA:VC person that would be really hard(not all of them follow the forums also),so as a result he gives up.

* I've been wondering if it's possible to even "try" to fix these problems in the future.(maybe with the update).Anyways good luck with the process