Crashing, Freezing, and Hang-Ups

Atr9976

Question

MTASA crashes, hangs up, and freezes on me at times, which forces me to have to close it by alt tabbing and using the task manager. On some servers where there are a lot of different scripts running, the game will freeze while things load, and then return back to a normal FPS. Other times, it will freeze and stay there, forcing me to have to alt tab out in order to close MTA. Aside from that, my game also crashes randomly.

Single-player runs perfectly fine and I have no mods installed at all. I've also found that aside from the random crashes, other servers run fine as well, with no freezing or hang-ups at all. I've tried reverting to MTA 1.02 already and that hasn't helped. I'm trying everything but reinstalling GTASA I'm running Vista 32-bit on a Dell XPS.

Here are some of my PC specs:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/10/2010, 19:34:06

Machine name: ADRIAN-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell XPS420

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 1799MB used, 4555MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_06DC19F1&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1776 MB

Dedicated Memory: 497 MB

Shared Memory: 1278 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 8.17.0011.9562 (English)

DDI Version: 10

BGRA Supported: Yes

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/20/2009 21:34:54, 9333352 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4551-11CF-1B5F-D7261CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0611

SubSys ID: 0x06DC19F1

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

If you need anything else or any more information to help me out with this problem, I will be more than happy to give it to you. I'm getting really desperate here because nothing I've tried has helped and I run other newer games (Borderlands, MW2) that just about melt my PC inside out but have no problems with them. Please help! :cry:

13 answers to this question

MTASA crashes, hangs up, and freezes on me at times, which forces me to have to close it by alt tabbing and using the task manager. On some servers where there are a lot of different scripts running, the game will freeze while things load, and then return back to a normal FPS. Other times, it will freeze and stay there, forcing me to have to alt tab out in order to close MTA. Aside from that, my game also crashes randomly.

Single-player runs perfectly fine and I have no mods installed at all. I've also found that aside from the random crashes, other servers run fine as well, with no freezing or hang-ups at all. I've tried reverting to MTA 1.02 already and that hasn't helped. I'm trying everything but reinstalling GTASA I'm running Vista 32-bit on a Dell XPS.

Here are some of my PC specs:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/10/2010, 19:34:06

Machine name: ADRIAN-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell XPS420

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 1799MB used, 4555MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_06DC19F1&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1776 MB

Dedicated Memory: 497 MB

Shared Memory: 1278 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 8.17.0011.9562 (English)

DDI Version: 10

BGRA Supported: Yes

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/20/2009 21:34:54, 9333352 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4551-11CF-1B5F-D7261CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0611

SubSys ID: 0x06DC19F1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

If you need anything else or any more information to help me out with this problem, I will be more than happy to give it to you. I'm getting really desperate here because nothing I've tried has helped and I run other newer games (Borderlands, MW2) that just about melt my PC inside out but have no problems with them. Please help! :cry:

Which servers are the most troublesome? Do you know what resources are running there?

It probably isn't just you, ask other people on the server if they are getting the often crashes as well.

Some functions (or resources themselves) might not be rock solid and cause unexpected behaviours.

Which servers are the most troublesome? Do you know what resources are running there?

It probably isn't just you, ask other people on the server if they are getting the often crashes as well.

Some functions (or resources themselves) might not be rock solid and cause unexpected behaviours.

I crash a lot on the Valhalla RP server that's heavy in scripts but I even have occasional crashes on DDC's Race Server as well from time to time.

I crash a lot on the Valhalla RP server that's heavy in scripts but I even have occasional crashes on DDC's Race Server as well from time to time.

Valhalla is indeed a lot more unstable, because it's a large-scale server. But I'd be more interested in the race server crashes. How often is "occasional" to you? Once a day? Once a week?

Also, could you describe a bit about the conditions at that time you froze or crashes? For instance, were there custom models loaded? Were there a lot of players close to eachother, some other details? (You probably won't remember details from most crashes in the past, but might be useful for MTA staff for fixing them in the future)

Finally, I suggest you to upload a zip file containing all of your "crash dumps". (if any) You can compare those with Black Boxes you can find on airplanes. With this devs can see more accurately how the crash happened, making it a bit easier for the devs to track down and fix the problem. The dumps are located at:

%MTA Installation Folder%/MTA/dumps

Valhalla is indeed a lot more unstable, because it's a large-scale server. But I'd be more interested in the race server crashes. How often is "occasional" to you? Once a day? Once a week?

Also, could you describe a bit about the conditions at that time you froze or crashes? For instance, were there custom models loaded? Were there a lot of players close to eachother, some other details? (You probably won't remember details from most crashes in the past, but might be useful for MTA staff for fixing them in the future)

Finally, I suggest you to upload a zip file containing all of your "crash dumps". (if any) You can compare those with Black Boxes you can find on airplanes. With this devs can see more accurately how the crash happened, making it a bit easier for the devs to track down and fix the problem. The dumps are located at:

On a race server, my screen will freeze up as I pan the camera (like for example if I move my mouse off to the right to view a car beside me or someone behind me). I don't think any custom models were loaded other than the customized GUI the server was running. At the most recent crash (yesterday sometime), I was spectating a race and watching cars race through the track one at a time, one behind the other, when the game just closed out on me.

And I couldn't find a file titled dumps to upload, but I'm going to go back in-game and when I crash again I'll see what happens. Is there a console command I need to use?

On a race server, my screen will freeze up as I pan the camera (like for example if I move my mouse off to the right to view a car beside me or someone behind me). I don't think any custom models were loaded other than the customized GUI the server was running. At the most recent crash (yesterday sometime), I was spectating a race and watching cars race through the track one at a time, one behind the other, when the game just closed out on me.

And I couldn't find a file titled dumps to upload, but I'm going to go back in-game and when I crash again I'll see what happens. Is there a console command I need to use?