MTA Closes when entering a game

DJSiddall

Question

hi

ive not been on this in a while

but i have come to a starnge error

when i go into a server

the game loads then it says entering game...

then mta just closes without a message :S

any help is appreciated

i have no mods installed

its a fresh install of sa :)

DJSiddall

1. Test if SP works (don't say yes or no until you've tested it)

2. What server(s) have you tried?

3. What version of MTA are you using?

4. Does it work if you press "Map editor" in the main menu?

5. Perhaps some more info you could give us? (system specs etc)

1. Test if SP works (don't say yes or no until you've tested it)

2. What server(s) have you tried?

3. What version of MTA are you using?

4. Does it work if you press "Map editor" in the main menu?

5. Perhaps some more info you could give us? (system specs etc)

1 not sure what you mean by SP

2 i have tried nearly all the servers

3 i'm using the latest version of MTA

4 map editor says gtasa.exe encountered an error & needs to close

5 my pc spec is fine to run SA as it runs perfect in single player

p4 2.00Ghz

1GB RAM

256mb Graphics ATI Radeon 9250

sound card is just a random 5.1 crappy one lol

1 not sure what you mean by SP

2 i have tried nearly all the servers

3 i'm using the latest version of MTA

4 map editor says gtasa.exe encountered an error & needs to close

5 my pc spec is fine to run SA as it runs perfect in single player

p4 2.00Ghz

1GB RAM

256mb Graphics ATI Radeon 9250

sound card is just a random 5.1 crappy one lol

doesnt matter ive moved to samp

this sh!t is useless

no :o is ever here to help

may aswell close the forum down :S

laterz

and to the person above thanks for the reply :)

On the other hand, you are ridiculously impatient, and completely incapable of providing any information that's needed for us to be able to help you. That's one thing we need, and you also need to be able to wait more than five minutes for an answer. We're not paid support staff, we're not live 24/7.

Enjoy your stay at SA-MP, I guess.

doesnt matter ive moved to samp

this sh!t is useless

no :o is ever here to help

may aswell close the forum down :S

laterz

and to the person above thanks for the reply :)

On the other hand, you are ridiculously impatient, and completely incapable of providing any information that's needed for us to be able to help you. That's one thing we need, and you also need to be able to wait more than five minutes for an answer. We're not paid support staff, we're not live 24/7.

Enjoy your stay at SA-MP, I guess.

why do i need to give you my pc's details if its worked perfectley on this pc before

its only just recentley started monging out since i reformatted

nothing has changed i am running xp

like i was when i fisrt started playing it

as soon as i enter a server the whole thing just closes

the process randomly ends

single player is fine

samp is fine

i'd love to get this thing working but i doubt thats gunna happen

why do i need to give you my pc's details if its worked perfectley on this pc before

its only just recentley started monging out since i reformatted

nothing has changed i am running xp

like i was when i fisrt started playing it

as soon as i enter a server the whole thing just closes

the process randomly ends

single player is fine

samp is fine

i'd love to get this thing working but i doubt thats gunna happen

It's not like every computer is the same, or that MTA crashes for the same reason for everyone. You might be underestimating how hard troubleshooting someone can be, especially if you don't specify all the data we need, or not clearly enough in the case of the fact that it once DID work. Do note that if you don't appreciate people helping you, you're all alone anyway. No matter how useless or useful you think it is, or how mad you are, do please appreciate the fact we're actually spending time TRYING to help.

There are several things you can try:

- Update your DirectX runtimes. The requirements for these has gone up a little since DP2.

- Update your Visual C++ redistributable files. Worth a try, really.

- Check for dumps in the dumps folder at: "%MTA INSTALL DIRECTORY%/MTA/dumps". If there are any, zip them up and attach them to your post. This will make it possible for devs to have the slightest idea what is going wrong.

- Provide us with any information you can miss. If you try to reinstall DP2 (or whatever version WAS working), will it work?

- Trying not to piss anyone off or threaten to leave. Really, we're just as a service for you. What you do with it is none of our business, and nothing we really care about.

It's not like every computer is the same, or that MTA crashes for the same reason for everyone. You might be underestimating how hard troubleshooting someone can be, especially if you don't specify all the data we need, or not clearly enough in the case of the fact that it once DID work. Do note that if you don't appreciate people helping you, you're all alone anyway. No matter how useless or useful you think it is, or how mad you are, do please appreciate the fact we're actually spending time TRYING to help.

There are several things you can try:

- Update your DirectX runtimes. The requirements for these has gone up a little since DP2.

- Update your Visual C++ redistributable files. Worth a try, really.

- Check for dumps in the dumps folder at: "%MTA INSTALL DIRECTORY%/MTA/dumps". If there are any, zip them up and attach them to your post. This will make it possible for devs to have the slightest idea what is going wrong.

- Provide us with any information you can miss. If you try to reinstall DP2 (or whatever version WAS working), will it work?

- Trying not to piss anyone off or threaten to leave. Really, we're just as a service for you. What you do with it is none of our business, and nothing we really care about.

You sir, are an idiot.

First you want help, but you provide little or none information about the problem.

You get impatient and offensive even though YOU want something from THEM... for FREE. Instead of appreciating random people even giving a slight shit about your entirely meaningless problem, you act like an idiot and demand them to be more efficient and insult them even after you received help.

If you wanna take the piss out of people, dont expect support. And i would encourage everyone else to ignore idiots like this. They can rot on their problems, because they obviously dont really want to be helped, and dont deserve any help.

thanks bai