Multi-single-player

Boss

It's a great mod,MTA,but couldn't u make it possible to play multiplayer while doing missions,seing the peds on the streets and the cars,being able to save,showing the percentage completed,even including the cut-scenes.(This could be great on lan).

U probably gonna say it's was talked of already and that it's not easy,but hey it's worth a shot,besides,many people would want it. :lol:

It could be done providing the netcode is tweaked further then it already is.. Cos the amount of bandwidth needed for a co-op game would be huge.. It would be ok for LAN uses though. Also the AI in Vicecity wasn't built to support more then 1 player so that will also have to be rewriten. It would take alot of time me thinks, Yet it would be really fun

It would be ok for LAN uses though.

Thats all I ever use MTA for, unless I'm on the net and some stranger drops in to play...

Also the AI in Vicecity wasn't built to support more then 1 player so that will also have to be rewriten.

Well, for the AI, what could be setup is that the server controls all the ped's AI, so it handles what AI are in what area (cause they all are randomly generated as you move around town) depending where each player is, then the server would send its data on the Ped's and there movements\reaction to the other players to the other players.

As for multiplayer co-op, well, all I can say is, it'll be a pain in the **** to get something like that workin 100%.

• 3 weeks later...

i was going to start a thread about coop mode for MTA, it would be, in my opinion, the best thing about the mod.

i love the current MTA - it kicks ass, however id love to be able to play the single player game in coop mode.

if thats not possible, id love to just be able to run around vice city doing all sorts of bad things to peds etc with a mate.

this would kick ass bigtime.

Guys, this idea is nice, but I honestly don't see it happening. Think about it. The MTA team is having enough trouble trying to get player WALKING to sync up. How do you think they will ever be able to sync up pedestrians/cars and all that other complicated shit? I would say that if it's even POSSIBLE, it wouldn't happen until like...2 years from now. In that case, you might as well just wait until Rockstar gets up off their lazy weed-smokin asses and writes a real MP code for GTA4...or GTA5 even. GTA:VC wasn't meant for MP, so there will always be limitations. But I commend the MTA team for getting this far. Good work guys!

-Agra