MTA and protection!

Evil

Should there be such an option?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be such an option?

• Yes
    • Hmm dont know never try'ed this!
    • No

Just an idea if there is going to be some CHeat-protection Make it server side!! because there is some people who Tweak out their cars to go as fast as possible then line them with a nother modded car and drag race!

yes this is cheating BUT if you where to ever see a group doing this and having more fun than doing it with with stock cars you would think different. so what im asking is for an option on the server side to set the cars handleing if there is going to be protection. Yes i know this could cause many problems with crashing but when i ran a server and everyone joined with the same config edited of course there was a very rare crash each 40 or so minutes but even normal servers have client crashes once in a while. this might not be a big thing but if it is possible would be nice if there was a way people could set it. im going to trow up a poll see what you guys think of this. i dont expect anyone to agree with this crazy idea but i got the feeling im not the only one who enjoy's this :D

plus when people change the code in any way it tends to chuck other people out of the game with unhandled exception errors ( ie the other clients machine does not have the same and cannot deal with damage and speed changes etc on the same cars as thier properties for that car are different...mta are working on stopping cheaters i just hope this will be very soon! !

I can't really see protection as too difficult. To prevent modded cars, do a total filesize check on the car stuff and send it to the host. If it's not the size it should be, then don't let them play. To prevent cheats, I'm not totally sure about the coding yet but I can think of two ways:

1- Log all the keys sent into the game and if it matches a code then kick the player

2- Go at it hex-editor style. Watch all the variables for cheats and if one changes then kick the player.

I know both can be done, since it was possible in gta3, and you can put keys into the game (eg. t for talk) Hex editors are hex editors... they just... work. :D

Of course someone would eventually hack the code, but I think this would be a first step.

for uhh counter strike theres this anti cheat called cheating death that makes you run off the cd or something so its impossibe to cheat cuz you cant put in an edited cd. I think thats how it works I never go to cheating death servers cuz i cant find my cstrike cd.

I can't really see protection as too difficult. To prevent modded cars, do a total filesize check on the car stuff and send it to the host. If it's not the size it should be, then don't let them play. To prevent cheats, I'm not totally sure about the coding yet but I can think of two ways:

1- Log all the keys sent into the game and if it matches a code then kick the player

2- Go at it hex-editor style. Watch all the variables for cheats and if one changes then kick the player.

I know both can be done, since it was possible in gta3, and you can put keys into the game (eg. t for talk) Hex editors are hex editors... they just... work. :D

Of course someone would eventually hack the code, but I think this would be a first step.

You need some kind of CRC check for the vehicle config and similar text based files, as it's possible to alter them and keep the size the same.

1- Typed in cheats are already blocked, it's trainers that are causing problems.

2- Not sure about that one.