Moving forwards

darkdreamingdan

We hope you all had a Happy Winterval and a wonderful new year!

So it's 2010, another year with hot prospects for MTA, which we hope you'll all look out for in near future. The development team are currently deciding our next course of action regarding MTA:SA. 1.0.3 is our most stable version yet, hence it is likely that our next objective will be for the next major version - 1.1. This should aim to implement some new key features as well as bug fixes, mostly those that didn't make it into 1.0. Remember, MTA:SA is open-source so anyone's contributions can make it into the final product! Our forums are still very much open to suggestions, though we do have an idea of what kind of features to start with. We're hoping to see the return of Handling support, Character skins (such as Big Smoke or Wu Zi Mu) and full serial support. We'll keep you informed on progress of the mod.

In other news, MTA:SA has made it to the Top 100 mods of 2009 at ModDB! We're extremely proud and excited to have made it thus far, but it's not over yet. We are the only nominee for any GTA game that has made it into the Top 100. We urge MTA fans and GTA fans alike to show their love and revote for the next stage of the ModDB awards (votes towards the first stage do not count for this phase). Simply click the button below, scroll down and click on "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas", then hit Vote for Multi Theft Auto San Andreas when it appears!

moty_profile_button_top100.png

Thanks, and good luck to all the other mods out there.

Edited by Guest

Sweet! Making the top 100 is a good start, good job MTA! :wink:

I suggest posting this topic at other big GTA community websites, such as GTA garage and GTA Stunting, and... dare I say the SA-MP website? :o

I'm sure there are plenty of others, that's just the biggest ones I know of, cheers :mrgreen:

Sweet! Making the top 100 is a good start, good job MTA! :wink:

I suggest posting this topic at other big GTA community websites, such as GTA garage and GTA Stunting, and... dare I say the SA-MP website? :o

I'm sure there are plenty of others, that's just the biggest ones I know of, cheers :mrgreen:

The SA-MP fellows are piss afraid of MTA, to the point where they make sure the forum is moderated 25/7 so that they can delete any post that mentions MTA without flaming it (or referring to "leeching" the map editor.)

The SA-MP community does need to be informed better about their alternative, but most of them either don't care, or are fanboys. (This is discussed more closely in another topic.) Either way, the official site and forums aren't really suitable for it. The best thing would be for people who already have contacts in the SA-MP "world" to talk to members of their clan or regulars of their servers.

Anyways, this is great. Keep voting.. :P

The SA-MP fellows are piss afraid of MTA, to the point where they make sure the forum is moderated 25/7 so that they can delete any post that mentions MTA without flaming it (or referring to "leeching" the map editor.)

The SA-MP community does need to be informed better about their alternative, but most of them either don't care, or are fanboys. (This is discussed more closely in another topic.) Either way, the official site and forums aren't really suitable for it. The best thing would be for people who already have contacts in the SA-MP "world" to talk to members of their clan or regulars of their servers.

Anyways, this is great. Keep voting.. :P