Block ability to edit game files - 0004451

acp___(PL)

Very good that someone noticed the problem of cheating by use of non-standard settings in some files

In version Multi Theft Auto : San Andreas - 1.0.3 introduced blockade. Blockade by me is not the answer, administrator should decide on your settings!

On my server we are using the same handling.cfg - but this handling is different than the original

I don't want to dwell on the why, what is the difference and explain that it is not about cheating the other ...

I will give an else example: sometimes I start server to drift, there is no difference whether one wins or loses.

Why be limited to the original handling.cfg forced to admin and players?

A better solution would be if the client has been downloaded from server this file, or the file was compared with a file that is on the server - one or few model file (original so that everyone could join server and by administrator settings)

I am against cheating, but as an admin I would like also to have possible, in cases such as discussed above to have a choice of handling.cfg that players use on my server

hopes that it will be sooner rather than later

I wrote about this issue on a forum in the days of the MTA: SA Race

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 04#p253804

very hard to explain to people that like everyone else playing the same handling.cfg is despite the fact the he is not original it is not cheating

of course my modification is not to increase the speed of all vehicles

on the contrary, some of the vehicles is much slower than in the original

but it is accelerating sports cars as they should had and no ABS ;)

hopes that it will be sooner rather than later

I wrote about this issue on a forum in the days of the MTA: SA Race

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 04#p253804

very hard to explain to people that like everyone else playing the same handling.cfg is despite the fact the he is not original it is not cheating

of course my modification is not to increase the speed of all vehicles

on the contrary, some of the vehicles is much slower than in the original

but it is accelerating sports cars as they should had and no ABS ;)

We understand your point. As MrHankey said, this is likely to be implemented via scripting once it is complete.