[REL] mabako-services (Patching by XX3)

Xierra

mabako-services is a resource that enables you to go to Pay'n'Sprays, Food Shops, and Ammu-nations, and buy what you need.

In food shops, you can buy food that can replenish your health with some money.

Pay'n'Spray is the same as what is done in GTA SA, you pay $100, change colours, and fix the car.

In Ammu-nations, you can buy weapons. It also provides jetpack, so you can fly, with limits by fuel. It doesn't include heavy weapons (RPG, HS RPG, minigun, satchel, etc), plus some melee weapons (Dildo, cane, chainsaw, etc) and special weapons (NVG, Thermal G, and Parachute), but still you can make those appear in shop or tweaking the price by configuring the script inside maps folder.

I have done the patching. In the past, It's on new_mabako-services. Now, thanks to Ransom's notice and the adopt-a-Resource thread and some discussion, I was able to merge with the original mabako-services.

Download it here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... tails&id=4

For those who wants the edited interiors, go here: http://www.box.net/shared/p4fjli5037 or Skydrive Mirror

This edit of interiors resource removes FDBURG, FDCHICK, FDPIZA, AMMUN1 - AMMUN5 interior locations from interiors.map, to be replaced with mabako-services' interior markers.

FAQ:

Q: Help! The blip range is too close! How can I make it wider?

A: You can widen the blip range by editing the radius of the colshape. Check here: http://bit.ly/pS6jT5

Q: How can I edit the price of food, ammunation, or Pay n' Spray?

A: Actually, It was on the maps folder (shops.map). For ammu-nation, check this link: http://bit.ly/n8ohgH. You can also do the same on other shops, if you understand the writings.

Q: What's your next update?

A: I got hope to change those blip functions into a much simpler function called setBlipVisibleDistance

Credits:

mabako - The original creator of the resource

XX3 - The one who patched the resource

arrantuna - Pointing out my mistakes I made during the 1.3.0 version.

dragon - Telling me how to open garages

Talidan, eAi, talaasmaa - The one who helped me while adding the peds thing. I learn a lot!

Changelog:

new_mabako-services (Removed resource) --> mabako-services version 2.4.0

- Fixed some mistakes in the ped script.

- Updated the help.xml for some tutorial.

new_mabako-services history:

Version 1.3.0

- Optimized ped script (But made some mistakes)

Version 1.2.0

- Added the staff peds, replacing the markers that were gone.

Version 1.1.0

- opened the Pay'n'Spray garages

Version 1.0.0

- Patched mabako-services

- Added help.xml

This time, do not upload another copy of mabako-services as I did. Because, this is already working nice, so you don't need to upload another, unless you got a permission (not ffrom me) to upload it.

Please apologize me for my excited writing manner in some of my posts. It was one of my very first post of MTA SA forums!

If you find a bug, please tell me!

Edited by Guest
I know it's obvious, but you really should credit mabako for the original idea and resource, especially if you copied even a single line of code from his resource. As a matter of courtesy.

+1 in principle.

However, as mabako shrewdly put his name IN the resource name, I'd say it was practically redundant. :mrgreen:

Of course I thank and credit to mabako for this nice resource. :wink:

But I can`t use it in my 1.0.1 so I secretly planned myself to remake this mod.

I have 2 questions:

Can you tell me the best object ID or anything used to open/close the garage when I hit the object?

(I want server-side so everyone can see the garage open/close)

I want to create a seller ped in idle condition in each shops so it will became more realistic. But how?

And what is the Cluckin Bell interior ID? I looked at the wiki but there isn`t.

The coords are here:

369.75112915039, -4.4926071166992, 1001.8588867188

Cluckin Bell Cashier location (I used freeroam, press F1, and interiors to teleport there, but I don`t know the interior ID)

I`ll post the other locations later.

(If I can make these 2 work, I will update it for 1.1 version as soon it works.)

*Hope this resource that I remade is popular and placed in top downloads.*

*added "V1.0" on the title*

Can you tell me an example? I don't know which part should I take.

Get near the garage, and the garage is open.

Leave the garage, and the garage is closed by itself.

That's what I want.

But First I have this: (by writing command "garage" to open / close the garages)

[attachment=0]Pay & Spray.zip[/attachment]

But, I need to set it active on admins only, how?

Sorry for waiting but now I release the V1.1 of this mod!

Now with working garages and will close the garage if the resource is stopped.

You can just cancel closing the garage when the resource is stopped by deleting the file garages close.lua in client file

and erase the

Need reply for this mod!

I have a new problem about peds.

I have created 1 ped. But it always show a problem:

ERROR: ...\resources\mabako-services\client/ped_cluckin.lua:3: attempt to call global 'CreatePed' (a nil value)

And my scripting here:

addEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', resourceRoot,
function()
cluckin = CreatePed ( 167, 0, 0, 0 )
setElementInterior (cluckin, 9, 369.88195800781, -4.4868292808533, 1001.8588867188)
setPedFrozen ( cluckin, true )
setPedRotation (cluckin, 180)
end
)

I need help of this to update into version 1.2

It will add peds in the shop like original GTA style. But just a frozen ped for MTA.

And give me the most suitable anim for the peds if you can.

Regards once again by XX3.

changes:

"[not so a REL] changed to [REL]

*V1.0 changed to V1.1

I have a new problem about peds.

I have created 1 ped. But it always show a problem:

ERROR: ...\resources\mabako-services\client/ped_cluckin.lua:3: attempt to call global 'CreatePed' (a nil value)

It's createPed, not CreatePed (note the 'c'). I think showing them standing still would be suitable. I reccomend you call setElementCollisionsEnabled and set it to false on the ped. That way players can't kill it.

I don't need to set the collision because with mabako-services, nobody can draw weapons, shoot, punch or use jetpack inside an interior.

So that's ok.

I changed the "CreatePed" to "createPed"

It saw no errors this time, but I still don`t see any peds inside it :!:

What made it happened?

I also change the debugscript to 3

Also, Why was I given a bad vote on my resource? :cry:

I don't need to set the collision because with mabako-services, nobody can draw weapons, shoot, punch or use jetpack inside an interior.

So that's ok.

I changed the "CreatePed" to "createPed"

It saw no errors this time, but I still don`t see any peds inside it :!:

What made it happened?

I also change the debugscript to 3

Also, Why was I given a bad vote on my resource? :cry:

Well, are you sure that you are not in wrong dimension, your ped should be in dimension 0 with this script and if i'm right mabako-services uses different dimensions, go to restaurant and look your dimension with admin panel.

YES! This solved the problem! Thanks Talasma for that. For Cluckin Bell, It was on 12th dimension and I didn't realize that.

But if for example I go to another cluckin bell, there are another in different dimension. How can I make appear on more than one dimension?

Now starting ped work for the Ammunations...

A single element can't be in more than one dimension, you'll have to create a ped for each one. That's the point of the dimensions - it allows the interiors (and other things) to have different things going on in them that are invisible between the dimensions.

Ok, thanks eAi. I`ll try it.

............edit..............

After some minutes of trying it, It's a success at last!

I`ll release it as V1.2 and will be released!

Tell me what can I improve.

Changes:

-Now with working, standing still peds in shops and ammunation!

-Updated the help.xml (sorry that I forgot to change since 1.1)

"changed V1.1 to V1.2"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for double post.

Anyway, I bring good news, this resource is now merged with the original mabako-services. So if you're finding the resource, just find mabako-services.

The old new_mabako-services is now gone from the community center. You can see there is a new version on mabako-services. It's version 2.4.0 and finally updated!

Please Redownload the resource here:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... tails&id=4

Not so clear...

But, did you mean modifying its available weapons?

If you want, you can go inside the resource, then to maps folder and open shops.map

Or did you mean the edited interiors? Sure I'll upload it.

It's on the first post.

Edited by Guest