Path for ped driving vehicles

Gobe

Hey,

As far as I know, it isn't possible yet to have ped driving vehicles server side, and i'd like to know if it will be possible somedays and if it will be possible to make them follow realistic path (roads, highways) etc realisticly as they do in the real game, make them turn corners realisticly, stop at traffic light, driving at a given speed (50kmh for example, well I think it could be done with setElementVelocity repeated many times or something like that).

Thinking about this brought up an idea:

Would there be a good demand for a setPedAnalogControlState (or modify the current setPedControlState) function?

Anyone that's seen a "cruise control" script can probably see the reasoning. With analog control over "accelerate", we can eliminate the acceleration-jerking around the desired speed with a simple enough algorithm. I'm sure there would be other uses as well, for the other analog inputs.

it is possible but it uses setPedControlState, not velocity, that would look silly

I meant using setCarVelocity for limiting the car speed we don't want to see them driving @ 250kmh in a downtown street...

You can toggle control state depending on the velocity.

Well good idea for the setPedAnalogControlState also, it would be cool having peds drivings cars and vehicles serverside and, and, it would be cool being able to tell peds to enter vehicles without having to "warp" them into vehicles, just make them enter a vehicle as a player do (opening door etc).

you woul'dnt really benefit from having setPedControlState serverside. it would not improve the sync at all. the main problem is that rockstar didn't manage to make the frames per second not affecting the gameplay. the server can't tell that much about peds and much other stuff thats happening. it needs the clients to keep track of what's going on. the server doesn't say "hey this vehicle is now over there insted of there" instead the server asks the syncer (drivers are syncer of their own car, other vehicles or peds are usually synced by the best source which usually is the closest) and lets the other client know what it has just been told.

in best case the server would be running the game as well, everything streamed in at once so it could just decide what to tell the clients itself, however this is not possible or at least no one knows how it could be done if it actually is possible.

the missing enter_exit control state for peds as well as the peds being not jackable are both known issues which will hopefully be solved some time, but they are not on a high priority right now.