Bringing back 0.5

Strika

Hey, me and my friend had this idea of bringing back 0.5 somehow, I am not an oldschooler personally, I only tried out 0.5 few days ago. Even though its really old, its reall interesting! I really liked it, and I think its better than VC-MP or VCO imo. So lets get to the point.

Is there anyone that still is interested in playing this mod? Im sure there must be pople that miss it, however its dead and no one plays it no more, maybe its because theres no servers or players?

Please post your ideas on how you think 0.5 could be set alive again, at least 5 players playing daily, then more if possible..

My ideas is I think there should be a community made, where people would register and gather to play. That community would have official server, download page for easy access to download mtavc, server list, information about mtavc and all sorts of stuff that is needed. To attract clans I think they could apply for a free clan server, to keep them playing we could make a clan board on forum, make clan wars etc. To get this popular we could advertise it in various forums, irc channels, servers etc. Maybe I could get a VPS to host those servers ;) and domain too.

Im not experienced in 0.5 but my friend is an old player, so I am not alone on this already, with all of us we could try and get this alive, its worth a try for this wonderful mod ;)

So is any of you is still interested in playing this? Is it worth trying? :)

Hi HeroTerror,

I only tried out 0.5 few days ago

well, i am no "old" player, too, but do you think you can manage this? You want to have a Community, Clans, IRC, forum etc. Do you have the webspace and the soft/hardware for that? And do you still have the *.exes? (I dont have them since i reinstalled my vista-laptop with win7).

Is there anyone that still is interested in playing this mod?

Well, i am (but i just have to clean up my hdd).

its worth a try for this wonderful mod ;)

So is any of you is still interested in playing this? Is it worth trying? :)

"its worthy... is it worthy?" ^^

Are you not sure?

I think you can try it. I will be there :)

When you are still planing this, or if i can help: contact me! [ playsinator [at] gmx.de ]

Playsinator

well, i am no "old" player, too, but do you think you can manage this? You want to have a Community, Clans, IRC, forum etc. Do you have the webspace and the soft/hardware for that? And do you still have the *.exes? (I dont have them since i reinstalled my vista-laptop with win7).

Theres no way I could manage this all myself, its not about me its about everyone that still would play it and that would be a part of it, I don't have all of that, I am not going to buy it if its no one is going to take part in it. The .exes is downloadable, if not my friend has them.

"its worthy... is it worthy?" ^^

Are you not sure?

All I am saying is that I know its worth playing it, but do you guys think its worth it..

I think you can try it. I will be there :)

When you are still planing this, or if i can help: contact me! [ playsinator [at] gmx.de ]

Ok sure, this isn't a 1 day thing, ill be updating this topic if something will be happening. But we really need more people interested in this, and I need your ideas to promote MTA VC.

thanks for your reply as this forum seems dead :?

I am working on it.

You improved the Mod, right?

but do you guys think its worth it..

You will see when you run it... but i am positive thinking.

at least 5 players playing daily, then more if possible..

This will be difficult. Most of the players are playing MTA:SA or other SA Mods. And i can't play daily, 'cause i'm in training (Job), and late home. But i will still help as far as I can.

and I need your ideas to promote MTA VC.

What exactly do you mean? advertise? Or do you mean by programming, to make the mod better?

thanks for your reply as this forum seems dead :?

That is a pity. But i hope we'll find more interested people.

Playsinator

PS.: I am still german so don't mind my english :oops:

I don’t care what people say but it’s nice to see that there are guys still interested in the rebirth of such a great game, while many old scholars will say the same about GTA3.

0.5 was NOTHING compared to the days of 0.3, you should look into the history, great times.

HeroTerror, a lot of players come by and ask the exact question you have and to be honest, all we can do is wait and see what the future holds. I have been around this block for years, as like many others, and from experience I would say that many of us can’t compare the days of MTA now to what it was all those years ago. I think if VC and GTA3 were to come back, they would be cult classics in this community of ours, though this as always depends on the demand of the community.

In the meantime, I would just be patient, we might just have to accept that nothing will come back, though with guys like Towncivilian contributing, never say never.

The game can't really be brought back without help from "above", i mean the official developers themselves. Although its nice that someone is doing something on the mod, we can wait until then, and see what happens I guess. Make sure everyone knows about it though, Towncivilian. Even if the devs were to do something, I don't think many people will be interested in it, only the old players just because the game is old.

The game can't really be brought back without help from "above", i mean the official developers themselves. Although its nice that someone is doing something on the mod, we can wait until then, and see what happens I guess. Make sure everyone knows about it though, Towncivilian. Even if the devs were to do something, I don't think many people will be interested in it, only the old players just because the game is old.

Perhaps. I have gotten positive response from developers in the past so there's still a possibility.

Maybe people wouldn't be interested so much in MTA:VC as MTA3, since MTA3 is currently the only released multiplayer mod for GTA3. An update for MTA3 would be of more interest I'd think, and I have begun work on MTA3's SCMs.

We'll see what happens.

• 2 months later...
I would love to have mta 0.5 online again but sadly mta team is not working in vice city anymore so i guess this is just not possible,unless Towncivilian's improvements get implemented in mta

Patience is a virtue. Observation is a blessing.

Humm...if you are telling me to have patience does that mean that there will be a new version?

I would love to have mta 0.5 online again but sadly mta team is not working in vice city anymore so i guess this is just not possible,unless Towncivilian's improvements get implemented in mta

Patience is a virtue. Observation is a blessing.

Humm...if you are telling me to have patience does that mean that there will be a new version?

Pray to the oranges and believe that your dreams will come true and one day they may...

The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of life or existence in general. The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may coincide with the achievement of ultimate reality, or a feeling of oneness, or a feeling of sacredness.

• Discord Moderators
The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of life or existence in general. The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may coincide with the achievement of ultimate reality, or a feeling of oneness, or a feeling of sacredness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life

Ahh...good. You found my reference. I hope you understand, though, that it is important to share information, not falsely claim it as your own. ;)

• 1 month later...

Vice city dont need to be brought back it has always been here you just have to know where to look. As far as servers go here is one for everyone to join 94.247.88.92 port 2003 anyone who wants to play vice city is welcome here! i am on uk time but i am usually logged into the game so just holla!!!!! Join and be happy!!!!! :D:D:lol::):):D8):lol::wink: