What about the ai people on the streets?

Guest hardkaare

Rockstar wont give out their source code. Rockstar is probably to busy working on the next installment of GTA. Perhaps then they'll consider adding Multiplayer :wink:

Damn it took 2 years to perfect the GTA3 engine. Gonna wait awhile!

Right now MTA is going along well in spite of the limitations they have. Be happy what ya got now and what the MTA team is doin' and I can assure the future things will increasingly get cooler. :D

What you are failing to realize that even in Midnight Club 2, traffic and peds are not synced. While racing around MC2 on a LAN, I can dodge cars like crazy, but anyone following me has a habit of screaming "car out of no where!!" This is because on my screen I swerve around a car that isn't there on the other players screen, but smash into one that is on their screen, causing the car to fly into them, and me to cruise freely. Even if the host does all the "culling" (look it up please) it can still be difficult to send this data to the clients properly (anticipating latency is almost impossible in this situation, if a car fades from view, it becomes somewhat random after this because of their traffic generation alogrithm allows for this). As cool as it may be to have in there, it would be a logistical nightmare to get everything working (network traffic aside). So unless you have the source to VC, or have mad skillz of your own, I suggest living with what the MTA team can "hack out". My 2 cents. Thanks.

i havnt been playing MTA for very long, i relise from prevously testing versions of the multiplayer that the code used to create multiplayer has a great number of limitations. the fact that the MTA team were able to work round the problem and produce the newer versions is down to utter determination. i think we should just say peds and other AI based programming should be left till after they perfect the animations,lag, and the other very small problems within the game. no point bogging the team down with silly details. they have enough on there plate as it is.

good work and i hope to see the new version out soon.

Like i said before NO PEDS!!!! What is the point? You just kill them or shoot at them they don't need to be synchronized! :evil: What the MTA team could do, but it is definately not nescessary, is add peds for every player on its own, so they are not synchronized...

Like i said before NO PEDS!!!! What is the point? You just kill them or shoot at them they don't need to be synchronized! :evil: What the MTA team could do, but it is definately not nescessary, is add peds for every player on its own, so they are not synchronized...

No, that would double-suck cuz the point of MP-racing for instance is that everybody should have the same conditions!