What about the ai people on the streets?

Guest hardkaare

Hey

I was wondering, will there be AI people on the streets like in single player?

that would be realy cool, i know it will take a lot og sync to netcoding :-(

Why don't have some pre programmed AI, like in the Pizza shop, Ammunation, Cop Station, Banks, ect.

They always stand there.

Not spawn like the pedestrians.

If they had the time of day set instead of random, they could infact setup the computer people to where it would be the same for everyone and not take up bandwidth. If you kill a computer person, then the server just send that signal and that character dies... easy as pie.

If they had the time of day set instead of random, they could infact setup the computer people to where it would be the same for everyone and not take up bandwidth. If you kill a computer person, then the server just send that signal and that character dies... easy as pie.

Then when someone puches a ped and they run off it throws the peds out of sync on all games.

Wouldnt it be possible to have say, 20 peds that randomly spawn around the locations of the players? Wouldnt take up much bandwidth that way. You really dont need a full city full of peds as 80% of the city wont have anyone in at any given time.

20 peds per player, 32 player server, = 640 peds, plus cars, plus players if peeps are all in different places.... unworkable. The gta3 engine has limits, thats why the peds 'fade in' around you in the single player game rather than it rendering the city full simultaniously (same go's for the traffic), this isnt the singleplayer, we don't need peds :)

and yes online rpgs can handle many npc's and be playable on dialup, they are much less versatile that gta3 tho, no cars, no aircraft etc, and more importantly they are made from the ground up to BE an online game. Not a hack of something that wasn't intended to be anything but the best single player game series ever.

i wouldnt want any ai ppl or cars in the way i like riding fast and like not crashing every 2 seconds

maybe create a mode ghost town nobody there except ppl who are in the server

and a mode called somethin like real world where there are peds and cars etc

i think the authors of multi theft auto should go check out the code from midnight club 2 its the GTA3 engine, and it has pedestrians online (only up to 4 players tho)

and on a LAN game it has cars and pedestrians !!!!! perhaps you could include peds and traffic for LAN games only developers ???

i think the authors of multi theft auto should go check out the code from midnight club 2 its the GTA3 engine, and it has pedestrians online (only up to 4 players tho)

Last time I checked Rockstar had the source code to the game so that they may do anything they want with it. Oh, and also, from my little knowledge (snicker) of MTA, we DO NOT have the source code and therefore are left with the constraints that Rockstar has put in place.

Please do some research before spouting off that "the authors" (us) should check out the code of an entirely different game.

Wouldnt it be possible to have say, 20 peds that randomly spawn around the locations of the players?
20 peds per player, 32 player server, = 640 peds

What everyone needs to understand is that MTA has to be built around the constraints put in place by Rockstar. Therefore, we CANNOT add more than approxmiately 36 actors at any given time (from our initial testing). This means that if you have a 32 Player Server, that there would only be able to have 4 Peds active within the ENTIRE City. Boy, that would be fun and worth all the extra work, wouldn't it?

MMORPGs manage. And they're playable on 56k.

Thanks for sharing I guess? Last time I checked GTA3 / GTA:VC are NOT MMORPG's and are programmed very differently. Those authors also once again have access to the source code and therefore can optimize / alter what they want and when they want to.

To everyone. You HAVE to remember what we are doing. We are hacking the game to allow support for Multiplayer. We have never been given the source code of the game. We have never been given any information from Rockstar to help us on the way. We are learning all of the game-specific stuff on the fly and we are doing the best we can to manipulate the original constraints from Rockstar and make them work for us.

Be happy with what you have and try to understand what you are requesting before you demand we should add this, or put this there. Just think that maybe we have not put them in the mod because it is not possible at this point.

Think...

nicely said, still it would have been nice to have a few peds here and there, ah well. The only real alternative would be a couple of AI deathmatch bots like most other 1st person shooters, but bot coding aint no piece o cake so i aint gonna hold my breath over it.

But... What about GTA: Classic? The multiplayer mode wasn't very good (just CTF, Race and DeathMatch modes), but it was having the pedestrians and EVEN police!

Is this possible to use concept of GTA: Classic in VC?

I know, the Rockstar didn't builded the MP in, I still have no idea why they did it... But...

i think that there should be peds walking around as there are in SP but not synced because all you do is run them over or kill them. the only peds that should be synced should be 5 - 10 cop cars

or

sync only peds that have something done to them, like being punched or running away, those should be the only visible.

no-one can post a reply after Cray's saying they still want peds. He just told us it was impossible! Write to Rockstar asking to release the source instead all those who want peds =P