MTA and SAMP

Malice

Question

• Answers 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Samp censored Valhalla from samp server list because their MTA roleplay server used word "ID" as those indentification numbers for players (to use instead of names)

You must be kiding, im about to do that and i want to see them come talking with me.

Its nothing wrong giving a "identification" number to a player, i cant even see how could them issue anyone with that excuse, dont makes cense at all, its just a number infront of a player?

But SA-MP "people" think they (that is, he) can do whatever he wants for any reason, which in the case of the server browser is actually true. He doesn't have a proper reason to do it, of course.

Also, he's definitely not gonna "come talk" to you, it's much easier to just remove that listing.

The case is that valhalla has MTA and SAMP server, so they wanted to force them to remove "ID" stuff from their MTA server with censoring name "Valhalla" in SA:MP services.

They would lose also a strong comunity on samp making them all move to mta, i dont believe he would do that. He is not stupid i think.

The case is that valhalla has MTA and SAMP server, so they wanted to force them to remove "ID" stuff from their MTA server with censoring name "Valhalla" in SA:MP services.

They would lose also a strong comunity on samp making them all move to mta, i dont believe he would do that. He is not stupid i think.

Kye had an issue with the Valhalla MTA server and made other accusations against the Valhalla Community. He decided he did not want Valhalla using SAMP so "permanently revoked Valhalla Gaming's license to use the SA-MP software" and blocked any server from the SAMP server browser with the word "Valhalla" in it. It's exactly this kind of behaviour that initially moved me from SAMP.

I think the only reason SAMP has a larger player base than MTA is because it was released first and SAMP players are comfortable there. SAMP may not be able to do everything MTA can but it can clearly do enough to satisfy its thousands of players. Since I switched to MTA about two years ago I haven't looked back but convincing others to do the same isn't easy when their friends are all playing SAMP.

I can only talk in terms of RP servers as that is what I played on both mods, in nine out of ten cases SAMP players who join our server are blown away by what we have achieved but the problem remains that the one thing we can't offer that SAMP can is a server with 100+ players, 24/7.

The recent MTA releases have shown that there is potential for the player count to increase but I don't think we will ever see the mass exodus from SAMP we hope for.

I think the only reason SAMP has a larger player base than MTA is because it was released first and SAMP players are comfortable there. SAMP may not be able to do everything MTA can but it can clearly do enough to satisfy its thousands of players. Since I switched to MTA about two years ago I haven't looked back but convincing others to do the same isn't easy when their friends are all playing SAMP.

I totally agree with that. Not once I've met SAMP players who loved MTA but they didn't move cuz all their friends are there. "I've been playing with my friends for 3 years, if I had to move I'd lose my friends, all my stats, everything". Moving a whole community is not easy, however not impossible (MTA Race -> MTA 1.0). I'd say this really depends on the server owners, do they see the potential of 1.0, would they consider taking the time and convert their scripts to a new language, would they gain anything from this? If you look at Valhalla, they're one of the few servers who have thought about these and now they're one of, if not the most popular server in MTA.

Most server owners probably think, "I already have a steady player base, it's too much work, I risk losing my players if I move". However I think they shouldn't simply move and leave everything behind, maybe create a beta version of their gamemode, ask for feedback from players, see if they like it or what they want changed and finally consider moving definitely or keeping both servers running. Then it's just a matter of time until it gets more popular, with all the new features and everything.

Hi

Sorry for bumping this, but while doing some Google'ing I came across this thread, and I am somewhat disgusted. Many of the people here don't seem to know why SA:MP "dislikes" MTA. Well, take this topic for instance. If someone were to start a topic on the SA:MP forum called "SA:MP and MTA", it would surely get deleted, and here's why.

Firstly, forget about the past, it's not important. Bye bringing things up from the past, you are only trying to continue the war. Currently, Kye is developing a mod for GTA San Andreas, which makes it Multiplayer. You guys are also developing a Multiplayer mod for GTA San Andreas, and I respect that, but by not deleting this topic shows that you definitely support the conflict between the two mods, and you are making no effort to stop it. So if you want the conflict to end, you can start by not allowing or promoting the comparison of SA:MP and MTA on your forum. This includes all the "We're better than SA:MP because we have ". Instead of bitching about SA:MP, spend your time working on making MTA better instead.

One other thing before I move on. I'm sure Kye is sick of hearing about MTA, so don't go on FFSNetwork's #sa-mp channel and promote MTA. We've heard it all before, it's boring, and we're sick of it. Us SA:MP'ies are there to talk about SA:MP, and advertising like that just makes me want to avoid playing MTA.

Now don't get me wrong, I have played MTA before, I'm not just a random hater. It's alright, but here's why I don't play it.

The first time I installed it (over a year ago), it refused to launch at all, no idea why, and there was no decent explanation. SA:MP worked on that same installation and MTA wouldn't, so I got pissed off and went back to SA:MP.

A few weeks ago I tried it again, and I got it to run, and it really does look like you've put a lot of effort into it. Although, it's straying away from the original game. Let's just say I am a hard-out GTA San Andreas fan and I play it all the time, and I find that there are these Multiplayer mods for it. Great! So let's say I decide to try out MTA. Well all the gameplay has been modified, and it'd be very easy for me to get frustrated with not knowing how to play, and just go back to single player. As many have said, the beauty of SA:MP is the way you can just install it and play it, and it's very easy to pick up. Simplicity is key.

Anyway, I'm going to make some replies to some of your quotes now.

Sa-mp wouln't have all those stunt servers without MTA,Tho all Sa-mp players say mta sucks and has bad sync,

why are they using mtas map editor?

They should just stop using MTAs map editor and use thier own crap commands to map thier objects.

They know MTA is better,they just stick with sa-mp because the player count.

I have never used the MTA map editor, and I have plenty of objects in my SA:MP game mode. Not everyone on SA:MP uses it, just so you know.

I think the main problem for both mods and the reason for the divide between them is simply Kye...

Let alone the facts that mentioning MTA in a good manner on #sa-mp gets you insta banned and that sa-mp.com is full of adverts etc. shows me which mod (in case of samp which person) is "moralically" the one that players should support.

Right there, you just made an attack at Kye, and in an obvious attempt to make MTA seem better, you said "the one that players should support". When you say things like that, you are being arrogant. How is it fair to say which mod people "should" support? It's up to the players.

The fact is, SA-MP has proved to the players how good the mod

:lol: i though you were serious until i read that

oh and yes, pressing a key is definitely harder than remembering and typing in a command name, computers in general made our lives really really hard. you can barely survive a week with them near you.

Here is an example of an MTA player just shooting at a SA:MP player for no obvious reason at all. There is a quote somewhere in this thread which moans about SA:MP players doing this exact same thing to MTA players, well it's happening both ways, buddy!

I tried talking to Kye in IRC, while others ridiculed me and then banned me while responding to a troll. The second time I tried to talk to him, he threatened me with "court of law", he forged a fake post of mine claiming I said: "sa-mp sucks. go play mta." (In-fact, that would be the most horrible way to get appoint across.), and then afterwards, leaked my ip, email, and account, which could have possibly revealed my name, and I'm not saying how of course, but you probably have guessed how.

The way you spin this conversation off is odd. I was there at the time, and you were just attacking Kye in his own channel. He posted your info after you told him that you didn't think that an event in the past where someone else did the same to Kye was a big deal. And now you're making a big deal about it here, which is just plain hypocriticism.

And I was out on irc when this happened. Originally, it was supposed to let one sa-mpie in to ridicule ("The Typical SAMPie"), but I decided to see if I was unbanned from the sa-mp irc, and what do you know... I joined in his channel, and the instant I mentioned GTANET and MTA, he started threatening me with legal, and personal threats.

Once again, you avoid giving the whole story.

It's obviously a competition - and that's no bad thing. That said, MTA (as in it's developers and QA team) has never been aggressive towards other mods, and MTA has certainly taken a lot of flack from developers of other mods over the years.

Can you please keep the tone polite here - no more ****s, or telling people they aren't welcome here. This isn't your house either - you're just visiting like everyone else. Moderators and Developers get to chose who is welcome and who isn't.

That post there was in reply to SugarD-x, who raised some valid points. Fedor_s used some nasty language earlier in the thread, yet you did not warn him for that.

You can be more detailed: 1060 euros per month *(hosted lists) for a thing wich cant be called effort (two years for some updates).

Also Hosted lists, althought you dont have to pay for play, if you buy a server you will need most likely to buy hosted list or your server will not be found for anyone on a internet list with 3000+ servers.

I could call it "Psycologhy scam".

Kye does not get that money. Woet does, and in return, Woet supplies an IRC network, and hosts the SA:MP websites, master list, and hosted tab. He also spends a considerable amount of time maintaining these services, and for you to discredit him is very rude.

oh dear Sugar. Put it to you easy, if you were someone from MTA and debating on SA-MP forums you would have been banned 20 seconds after making your first post which mentions MTA.

As I said at the beginning of this post, Kye does not care about MTA, and does not want to hear about it. So don't post questions about OTHER mods on HIS website, and there won't be a problem.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. Basically, if you guys want the hating to stop, you have to make an effort too. You could start by locking this thread.

Cheers,

Blacklite

but by not deleting this topic shows that you definitely support the conflict between the two mods, and you are making no effort to stop it.

this actually shows that the people who run this site/mod are more tolerant when it goes to discusions like this .. also be happy that this isn't the samp forums and you wont get banned for saying your opinion.

So if you want the conflict to end, you can start by not allowing or promoting the comparison of SA:MP and MTA on your forum.

and also dont forget to mention that they should ban these people like kye does on this forum :roll:

As many have said, the beauty of SA:MP is the way you can just install it and play it, and it's very easy to pick up. Simplicity is key.

..thats why most samp players look like this

i-can-count-to-potato.jpg

Kye does not care about MTA

u31360p53.jpg

this actually shows that the people who run this site/mod are more tolerant when it goes to discusions like this .. also be happy that this isn't the samp forums and you wont get banned for saying your opinion.
and also dont forget to mention that they should ban these people like kye does on this forum :roll:

You have obviously never been in charge of a large community. When a single user takes up a lot of a mod's time, it gets irritating. The best way to deal with these "trolls" is to simply ban them, and move along. Not to mention, I'm sure many of the posts in the past about MTA on the SA:MP forums are NOT respectful, and are incredibly biased, which is why it has come to this.

Also, I happen to know you're banned from the SA:MP forums for posting a map without first testing it in SA:MP. That's entirely your fault, and blatant MTA advertising.

Oh, how mature. You'll be happy to know that I will not be moving my server to MTA, and I'll be keeping my 180000 user accounts with SA:MP. It's people like you who force people like me to stay away from MTA.

u31360p53.jpg

Why should he? Do you guys care about SA:MP?

I don't get why all you people suggest to lock/delete this topic.

This is the MTA forum. We don't lock topics or delete posts just because we don't like them.

Here you can feel free to state your opinion no matter how you think about MTA.

Of course some of the posts in here are somewhat agressive towards samp (/me sighs at SATAN) but we still try to keep this a fair discussion between both sides so please ignore posts like SATAN's and wait for a more serious answer that you can discuss on.

This is the MTA forum. We don't lock topics or delete posts just because we don't like them.

Of course some of the posts in here are somewhat agressive towards samp (/me sighs at SATAN) but we still try to keep this a fair discussion between both sides so please ignore posts like the one above and wait for a more serious answer that you can discuss on.

Indeed, but what is the point? Where is this discussion going to go? At the end of the day, a thread about SA:MP on the MTA forum is only going to be a harbor for people that want somewhere to give SA:MP a bad name.

Hi

Sorry for bumping this, but while doing some Google'ing I came across this thread, and I am somewhat disgusted. Many of the people here don't seem to know why SA:MP "dislikes" MTA.

In the case of Kye, it's probably because he has some kind of childish grudge (as proven by his steadfast practice of having people moderate anything on his forum that's even neutral) against MTA, probably coupled with a little fear because deep down he realizes how infinitely more powerful MTA is and how his convenient income source would disappear if people started moving in significant numbers.

Firstly, forget about the past, it's not important. Bye bringing things up from the past, you are only trying to continue the war. Currently, Kye is developing a mod for GTA San Andreas, which makes it Multiplayer. You guys are also developing a Multiplayer mod for GTA San Andreas, and I respect that, but by not deleting this topic shows that you definitely support the conflict between the two mods, and you are making no effort to stop it. So if you want the conflict to end, you can start by not allowing or promoting the comparison of SA:MP and MTA on your forum. This includes all the "We're better than SA:MP because we have ". Instead of bitching about SA:MP, spend your time working on making MTA better instead.

We're not trying to continue the war, and those who are 1) have no official support, in MTA's case it's been explicitly discouraged, 2) have good reasons for their relatively SA-MP-hostile opinions. Also, this topic says very little that isn't true, this is not the kind of completely unfounded attacks and lies that SA-MP have scened/spread against MTA the whole time along.

There needs to be some place on the net where you can actually try and have a decent discussion about the two mods. In fact I'm happy to have you post here - discussion and openness between the "fans" of both mods is probably a good thing as long as it takes a civil form.

I'd like nothing better than the two parts of the SA multiplayer scene stopping the hostility, (frankly, it's getting boring) but as long as one part's management holds the kind of grudge that Kye does, it's not going to happen, because it' results in him doing things that are pathetic and unfair.

One other thing before I move on. I'm sure Kye is sick of hearing about MTA, so don't go on FFSNetwork's #sa-mp channel and promote MTA. We've heard it all before, it's boring, and we're sick of it. Us SA:MP'ies are there to talk about SA:MP, and advertising like that just makes me want to avoid playing MTA.

That kind of trolling is already officially discouraged by the MTA team. We get SA-MP trollers too, not to mention the constant flow of idiots who just whine about the editor and then turn around back to SA-MP.

Now don't get me wrong, I have played MTA before, I'm not just a random hater. It's alright, but here's why I don't play it.

The first time I installed it (over a year ago), it refused to launch at all, no idea why, and there was no decent explanation. SA:MP worked on that same installation and MTA wouldn't, so I got pissed off and went back to SA:MP.

A few weeks ago I tried it again, and I got it to run, and it really does look like you've put a lot of effort into it. Although, it's straying away from the original game. Let's just say I am a hard-out GTA San Andreas fan and I play it all the time, and I find that there are these Multiplayer mods for it. Great! So let's say I decide to try out MTA. Well all the gameplay has been modified, and it'd be very easy for me to get frustrated with not knowing how to play, and just go back to single player. As many have said, the beauty of SA:MP is the way you can just install it and play it, and it's very easy to pick up. Simplicity is key.

I don't get what you mean by "straying away", because any mod is straying away from the original game in one way or another. That's kind of the definition of a mod, it does something the original game doesn't. MTA doesn't "stray" away significantly more than SA-MP does; except you can do a lot more. The only thing that's "missing" in MTA are built-in script things that are based on SCM scripts - these can be scripted (usually at least as well) in MTA's own Lua engine.

Sa-mp wouln't have all those stunt servers without MTA,Tho all Sa-mp players say mta sucks and has bad sync,

why are they using mtas map editor?

They should just stop using MTAs map editor and use thier own crap commands to map thier objects.

They know MTA is better,they just stick with sa-mp because the player count.

I have never used the MTA map editor, and I have plenty of objects in my SA:MP game mode. Not everyone on SA:MP uses it, just so you know.

No, but many do, and this is a perfect example of an extremely pervading hypocrisy. Apparently the map editor is the only MTA-related topic you can talk about wihtout being banned. Well, without immediately getting banned, because apparently you can even get banned for releasing maps that don't work because SA-MP can't handle them.

I think the main problem for both mods and the reason for the divide between them is simply Kye...

Let alone the facts that mentioning MTA in a good manner on #sa-mp gets you insta banned and that sa-mp.com is full of adverts etc. shows me which mod (in case of samp which person) is "moralically" the one that players should support.

Right there, you just made an attack at Kye, and in an obvious attempt to make MTA seem better, you said "the one that players should support". When you say things like that, you are being arrogant. How is it fair to say which mod people "should" support? It's up to the players.

Kye deserves attacking, to be blunt about it. He's done so much stuff that being pissed at him is a perfectly unremarkable and natural reaction. Don't drag that "but zomg it was so long agoes" argument into the mix, I beg of you, because that's bullsh!t and I think you know it. Kye is still going strong and there can't be much doubt about it outside of his tightly controlled personal "bubble" on the net.

The fact is, SA-MP has proved to the players how good the mod

:lol: i though you were serious until i read that

oh and yes, pressing a key is definitely harder than remembering and typing in a command name, computers in general made our lives really really hard. you can barely survive a week with them near you.

Here is an example of an MTA player just shooting at a SA:MP player for no obvious reason at all. There is a quote somewhere in this thread which moans about SA:MP players doing this exact same thing to MTA players, well it's happening both ways, buddy!

Oh, come on. For one thing the opinion of Member X or Y is still not the "official" opinion and as such there's not that much point in whining about it. When people come in here whining and claiming SA-MP is better, you can't really claim that counteracting that claim is an illogical thing to do. I'd also ridicule you if you tried convincing me that the sun is cold or the earth is flat (the latter of which people have actually tried..)

I tried talking to Kye in IRC, while others ridiculed me and then banned me while responding to a troll. The second time I tried to talk to him, he threatened me with "court of law", he forged a fake post of mine claiming I said: "sa-mp sucks. go play mta." (In-fact, that would be the most horrible way to get appoint across.), and then afterwards, leaked my ip, email, and account, which could have possibly revealed my name, and I'm not saying how of course, but you probably have guessed how.

The way you spin this conversation off is odd. I was there at the time, and you were just attacking Kye in his own channel. He posted your info after you told him that you didn't think that an event in the past where someone else did the same to Kye was a big deal. And now you're making a big deal about it here, which is just plain hypocriticism.

And I was out on irc when this happened. Originally, it was supposed to let one sa-mpie in to ridicule ("The Typical SAMPie"), but I decided to see if I was unbanned from the sa-mp irc, and what do you know... I joined in his channel, and the instant I mentioned GTANET and MTA, he started threatening me with legal, and personal threats.

Once again, you avoid giving the whole story.

Trolling. Officially discouraged. Not the responsibility of the community to ensure this doesn't happen. Next argument please. (This has also happened in reverse, so don't make us out to be the only bad guys here, that's just laughable.)

It's obviously a competition - and that's no bad thing. That said, MTA (as in it's developers and QA team) has never been aggressive towards other mods, and MTA has certainly taken a lot of flack from developers of other mods over the years.

Can you please keep the tone polite here - no more ****s, or telling people they aren't welcome here. This isn't your house either - you're just visiting like everyone else. Moderators and Developers get to chose who is welcome and who isn't.

That post there was in reply to SugarD-x, who raised some valid points. Fedor_s used some nasty language earlier in the thread, yet you did not warn him for that.

And what does this even have to do with the matter??

You can be more detailed: 1060 euros per month *(hosted lists) for a thing wich cant be called effort (two years for some updates).

Also Hosted lists, althought you dont have to pay for play, if you buy a server you will need most likely to buy hosted list or your server will not be found for anyone on a internet list with 3000+ servers.

I could call it "Psycologhy scam".

Kye does not get that money. Woet does, and in return, Woet supplies an IRC network, and hosts the SA:MP websites, master list, and hosted tab. He also spends a considerable amount of time maintaining these services, and for you to discredit him is very rude.

Oh, of course... Kye doesn't profit at all. Hosting an IRC server or two, a database and a web server? I doubt it runs anywhere in the vicinity of a thousand or so euros per month.

oh dear Sugar. Put it to you easy, if you were someone from MTA and debating on SA-MP forums you would have been banned 20 seconds after making your first post which mentions MTA.

As I said at the beginning of this post, Kye does not care about MTA, and does not want to hear about it. So don't post questions about OTHER mods on HIS website, and there won't be a problem.

Kye does care about MTA... If he didn't care (look at how this topic is handled by the admins and learn from it) he would not see the need for ruthlessly deleting anything mentioning it in a neutral or quasi-favorable way.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. Basically, if you guys want the hating to stop, you have to make an effort too. You could start by locking this thread.

Cheers,

Blacklite

I think we both realize this topic is not in any way a source of "hatred" - it's been a relatively serious discussion (or at least an attempt at one) and some place on the net, one should have that option, even if you don't on the SA-MP forum.

I see no reason at all why this thread should be locked - we are not SA-MP.

Of course some of the posts in here are somewhat agressive towards samp (/me sighs at SATAN) but we still try to keep this a fair discussion between both sides so please ignore posts like the one above and wait for a more serious answer that you can discuss on.

Indeed, but what is the point? Where is this discussion going to go? At the end of the day, a thread about SA:MP on the MTA forum is only going to be a harbor for people that want somewhere to give SA:MP a bad name.

The discussion with you probably won't go well from your point of view - your claim is frankly stupid and a bit hypocritical. Since when has the SA-MP management ever cared about neutrality? And by extension, why should we? At least we actually have valid arguments and know what we're talking about, which is more than I can say about ~99% of all the "SA-MP people" when talking about MTA.

Edited by Guest

The initial point was to answer Malice's post on the first page i guess but the topic has already gone way beyond this.

Ideally this discussion would give the people a more or less objective comparison between both mods with some critisim from both sides. Thats also why you're infact pretty welcome here so we also get to know some weaknesses about MTA that we would usually miss.

You'll be happy to know that I will not be moving my server to MTA, and I'll be keeping my 180000 user accounts with SA:MP.

who f*cking cares? :3

also dont act like if you've ever planned to do this ...

Also, I happen to know you're banned from the SA:MP forums for posting a map without first testing it in SA:MP. That's entirely your fault, and blatant MTA advertising.

hypno-kye make you fanboys believe everything he wants..

1. i tested all my maps, all my maps do work on samp .. i even made special versions of my mta maps for samp with less objects and helped people to find good object-streamers so they can run my maps on their samp servers

2. i never advertised mta on samp forums ..since i never really was in this whole "mta vs samp" fight .. (since now).. i just didn't care cause i liked both mods

i did NOTHING .. really NOTHING ..wrong .. the only thing i did was releasing my maps just like every other mapper!

ps. the real reason i got banned was that kye didn't liked that i released my maps also for mta and not just for samp ..well thats at least my guess, since i cant see any other reason

You'll be happy to know that I will not be moving my server to MTA, and I'll be keeping my 180000 user accounts with SA:MP.

who f*cking cares? :3

also dont act like if you've ever planned to do this ...

Blacklite, 180.000 acounts?

What a suprise, you cant limit players of creating accounts simply because samp can only handle ip control per each player, meaning i can change my ip and create any other acounts even if i wanted to for example ban evade, and on this aspect mta "for the win" again. ( Hail to the Serials )

And what is to stop anyone from creating something in LUA that does exactly the same.

And you still have no way of identifying them other than their IP... or do you? If you do tell me.

Whatever way MTA uses to check that can be worked around by modifying memory addresses. If MTA relies on anything supplied by the client, it can be hacked.

Also, this "account system" is free, so there's nothing stopping people from creating a new account, same as on SA:MP.

Yet you rely on something that the average household pet could get around by chewing/pulling out the power cable of the internet.

So you have a choice:

1: Only allow people to connect if they have a static IP (which you can't even test)

2: Stop your players from disconnecting their internet at all (this must be illegal)

3: Ban a whole country (wait, I must of got this idea from somewhere in South America)

Personally I will choose something that can't be worked around by Animals, Plants or even just a little mould!

Note: I would like to mention that even if you banned the whole country there would be more than one country breaking your rules meaning you would lose most if not all of your players.

I look forward to your response.

Edit:

I forgot to mention the account system.

It is customisable beyond the needs of a single person.

And there is nothing in the current version of SA-MP which can top it... INCLUDING PLUG-INS!

And before you moan about that you have to remember that it is built in which makes it compatible with every single resource with no extra work!

Edit 2:

And before you say I am attacking SA-MP, Kye or even you... I am not.

I am simply applying logic you your illogical statements.

195635 total accounts, 132063 individual IP addresses

Also, I don't use the SA:MP ban system, I have scripted my own using MySQL, and it is much more complex than what MTA has.

And? My system is also using mysql on mta, and is done to handle serial bans, i dont see what your mysql makes it so special. :roll:

Also what your mysql ban system have so special then mta have for default? A nick and ip Check? woow amazingness. :roll:

If we could keep this on topic, please. If you want to discuss ban systems you could create your own threads for that. I might also add that bitching about MTA serials will do so extremely little good that it almost makes me dizzy, as long as SA-MP doesn't have anything close to that at all. If otherwise is the case, though I doubt it, please enlighten me. :P

And why are you suddenly dropping the arguments you came with earlier? I doubt you missed my reply, it did end up quite long. :)

You have obviously never been in charge of a large community. When a single user takes up a lot of a mod's time, it gets irritating. The best way to deal with these "trolls" is to simply ban them, and move along. Not to mention, I'm sure many of the posts in the past about MTA on the SA:MP forums are NOT respectful, and are incredibly biased, which is why it has come to this.

Oh, how mature. You'll be happy to know that I will not be moving my server to MTA, and I'll be keeping my 180000 user accounts with SA:MP. It's people like you who force people like me to stay away from MTA.

u31360p53.jpg

Why should he? Do you guys care about SA:MP?

+1

Very valid points. It's too bad everyone here is too much towards picking one side to actually understand both views of the situation.

Maybe one day when the world comes to a halt and people have to depend on each other to survive will they finally realize how stupid things like this were to fight over...

Oh yes, to bring up another point that makes half of the people's arguments here invalid, please tell me why I've discussed this situation with teams from both SA:MP and MTA, and yet neither has banned me nor wanted to, and both politely discussed things with me. Get out fanboys. Your flames aren't welcome here. Act mature if you wish to discuss, not argue.

Because this is not the Sa-Mp forum...

Your argument holds absolutely no validity. You're only here to further the arguing and it's not wanted. I ALREADY stated SPECIFICALLY that I discussed it with BOTH teams PEACEFULLY. They PEACEFULLY discussed it back and did NOT ban me or threaten me about it. So please, please, please explain to me how this not being the SA:MP forum has ANYTHING to do with it.

P.S. Sorry for the caps, but I hope it finally gets my point across for those that apparently like to skip details in people's replies...

I laugh. Anyhow, excuse me as it are 3 at the morning were i live and i cant go to sleep before 12 tonight...

So sorry if i was not reading the whole replie as I'm kinda sleepy. End of case

I did not mean any harm or something, i just saw the wrong thing :P

But to the case what i was going to say was that both mods have theire downs and ups

Sa-MP:

Ups

The limit for what a server can have in players are 500 if i remember right

Simplicity

Easy to get into

Downs

Bad sync...

Maybe a little to simple in my eyes.

Not so much can be done regarding gamemods

MTA:DM

Ups

Great sync

The mod it self look really nice

So much potencial because of Lua

Downs

A little advance for people that just want to get into playing multiplayer in 1-2-3

limit at 128 players

---

I myself are still into MTA because of a smooth install and how mucht hat can be done with LUA regarding gamemods etc.