MTA and SAMP

Malice

Question

• Answers 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am baffled by this. Could someone please explain? How does SAMP have more players than MTA? Maybe my server browser is broken or something. MTA is clearly the better mod. Thanks in advance.
And this is a topic comparing MTA and SA:MP. Wrong place. Try again.

*Sigh*...

I assume you have little incentive to read? I guess you were really trying to defend sa-mp for something clearly wrong, but we weren't really trying to compare the mods, but the people. That might have not been the purpose initially.

Yeah. While MTA (both management and community in general) is a lot more forgiving about mentioning other mods, you might find it easier if you give up trying to defend something that's pretty much indefensible.

You won't get banned for defending SA-MP here, but most likely, people will think you're an idiot. And if you're just gonna post "sigh" in an otherwise fairly serious discussion, why not just drop it? Nobody's forcing you at gunpoint to partake in this discussion.

Recently the MTA playerbase has been growing. I was informed today that it topped 1,500 1.0.3 players, which is the highest its gotten. It surely would have been more wise to have the xx-mp name, MTA is punished for artistic taste :P Back in the day though, there was no competition. The problem reared its ugly head after a developer parted ways due to differences in development opinion.

I believe that the main problem is change. People don't want to drop everything and come over and start over again. It is hard to fix that.

Recently the MTA playerbase has been growing. I was informed today that it topped 1,500 1.0.3 players, which is the highest its gotten. It surely would have been more wise to have the xx-mp name, MTA is punished for artistic taste :P Back in the day though, there was no competition. The problem reared its ugly head after a developer parted ways due to differences in development opinion.

I believe that the main problem is change. People don't want to drop everything and come over and start over again. It is hard to fix that.

Unless ofcourse there could be a way to properly run sa-mp gamemodes on MTA, but that'd be awfully hard to get working 100%

Once again, please lock this topic. It has turned into a giant war and has gone way beyond the topic's initial point.

No, YOU'RE trying to make it into a giant war and have gone way beyond the topic's initial point. Why you seem to mind this topic so much is beyond me, but I don't really care. We don't need yet another place where we can't talk about what we want, thank you! And deciding whether topics are to be closed is so not your job..

Again, if this discussion is annoying you for whatever reason, just don't involve yourself in it. You're free to hit the back button of your browser anytime, and avoiding this topic while browsing the forums should be a breeze.

SugarD-x, why do you bother? And I also give you a heart-warming congratulations on changing the topic's direction. Our current point wasn't against sa-mp, it was against Kye's tactics. I believe you were the one who made it go Above and Beyond the topic's initial point. I don't know why I'm bothering...

By him posting here. Otherwise, the topic is still on-topic and I'm honestly starting to suspect he's a sampf** in disguise, since he minds this topic so much.

Sugar: stop posting, please do. This topic obviously won't be closed no matter how much you whine. Why do you want it closed anyway? Why do you troll and spam in it?

He's aware that MTA is a better mod (and I'm not talking about the way it is ran, which obviously better, but its functionality) and that's why he keeps posting. Out of disappointment and feeling bad over it.

Please tell me how the hell I'm disappointed. As I have stated before, I LOVE this mod. My point had NOTHING to do with comparing the two directly like that.

MTA is indeed the better mod on pretty much all aspects.

Ever since 1.0 was released, MTA's player count has been increasing steadily. I mean, just look at it right now:

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=mta

This would be completely impossible half a year ago, more and more Sa-mp players are seeing the light...

The new record for MTA is 1500 players online at the same time yeh?

If the MTA team and the community keep doing what they're doing quite well atm, I wouldn't be surprised if MTA hit 5000 players a year from now...

MTA will eventually get the recognition and player base it deservers, all we need is patience :D

MTA is indeed the better mod on pretty much all aspects.

Ever since 1.0 was released, MTA's player count has been increasing steadily. I mean, just look at it right now:

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=mta

This would be completely impossible half a year ago, more and more Sa-mp players are seeing the light...

The new record for MTA is 1500 players online at the same time yeh?

If the MTA team and the community keep doing what they're doing quite well atm, I wouldn't be surprised if MTA hit 5000 players a year from now...

MTA will eventually get the recognition and player base it deservers, all we need is patience :D

Indeed.

borat_great_success2.jpg

I used to be a SAMP player, before DM release on MTA. What i noticed it that the big player bases on GTA multiplayer mods in general are RP servers. MTA has only 1 real RP server, a very very good one too, while SAMP has dozens. People might not come to MTA as they are already part of large RP communities on SAMP. My suggestion: more RP servers!

Players need a place to be - so more roleplay servers is probably not a bad idea (even if I do privately detest them), but when it comes to the servers, someone needs to make them. For the players themselves, going for individual players is a possibility, but a difficult task. Going for inviting clans and communities that already exist within SA-MP would of course yield more players, but it also requires them to be aware of the fact that MTA exists; what makes it better and why they should move.

In most cases, having a server or something to "receive them" will most likely make it somewhat more possible. We would, however, still need to convince the leader and/or upper hierarchy of that community, which could be difficult.

Let's not forget most people who play SA-MP and know about MTA already have concocted a few (some very bad, some completely untrue, some downright retarded) reasons not to move already... Such as our horrible, horrible, but 100% customizable chatbox that people are so inanely fond of bitching about.

Players need a place to be - so more roleplay servers is probably not a bad idea (even if I do privately detest them), but when it comes to the servers, someone needs to make them. For the players themselves, going for individual players is a possibility, but a difficult task. Going for inviting clans and communities that already exist within SA-MP would of course yield more players, but it also requires them to be aware of the fact that MTA exists; what makes it better and why they should move.

In most cases, having a server or something to "receive them" will most likely make it somewhat more possible. We would, however, still need to convince the leader and/or upper hierarchy of that community, which could be difficult.

Let's not forget most people who play SA-MP and know about MTA already have concocted a few (some very bad, some completely untrue, some downright retarded) reasons not to move already... Such as our horrible, horrible, but 100% customizable chatbox that people are so inanely fond of bitching about.

Yes i talk as myself the chatbox when i come play mta some times i didnt liked it but once i discover i could customize it its all fine and also a extra in comparation with samp.*(transparency preset beats samp default chat x100times)

100% customizable chatbox that people are so inanely fond of bitching about.

fix: changing the default chatbox style to the "transparent" preset ... but i guess people would start crying and saying stuff like "WTFLOMG THEY COPIED THE SAMP CHATBOX" and also old mta players might not like it. D;

Samp censored Valhalla from samp server list because their MTA roleplay server used word "ID" as those indentification numbers for players (to use instead of names) because they claim it as their invention (and still thousands of other games use it).

Making chatbox SA:MP alike by default wouldn't be good move because they would find thousands of new reasons to blame MTA. However, MTA should put new players on knowledge that they can completly customize their chatbox. Not everybody visits settings.

100% customizable chatbox that people are so inanely fond of bitching about.

fix: changing the default chatbox style to the "transparent" preset ... but i guess people would start crying and saying stuff like "WTFLOMG THEY COPIED THE SAMP CHATBOX" and also old mta players might not like it. D;

No, but most old MTA players would have the 30 IQ points required to find it in the settings... :mrgreen:

Besides, unless the chatbox is actually ugly (which simply isn't the case for neither SA-MP nor MTA) how it looks is a /care subject as far as I'm concerned.

Samp censored Valhalla from samp server list because their MTA roleplay server used word "ID" as those indentification numbers for players (to use instead of names)

You must be kiding, im about to do that and i want to see them come talking with me.

Its nothing wrong giving a "identification" number to a player, i cant even see how could them issue anyone with that excuse, dont makes cense at all, its just a number infront of a player?