MTA and SAMP

Malice

Question

• Answers 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• MTA Team
5. WE HAVE NO FREAKIN SIGNATURES IN THIS FORUM :lol: .. no seriously a community/board without signatures is boring as hell.. thats also reason why there aren't much guys around here.

We used to have them, but when you look at the sa-mp forum and then come back here you'll notice exactly why we have banned signatures. When you browse the other forum you are seeing more signature than discussion and that can not be the point. In the past we have tried to to regulate signatures, keep the size of them down but that didn't work either simply because ppl hate rules.

But I do beleive that in time the sa-mp problem will solve itself. When you look at those forums you'll notice more and more ppl are starting to get fedup with the totalitarian regime they have. Multiple servers that had payed to be on the hosted list have been removed over the past few months without any real, good explenation. The forums get policed like hell and things like that are pissing off the community. SA-MP has seen it's wikipedia article removed a long time ago and has recently been removed from moddb.

• MTA Team
5. WE HAVE NO FREAKIN SIGNATURES IN THIS FORUM :lol: .. no seriously a community/board without signatures is boring as hell.. thats also reason why there aren't much guys around here.

We used to have them, but when you look at the sa-mp forum and then come back here you'll notice exactly why we have banned signatures. When you browse the other forum you are seeing more signature than discussion and that can not be the point. In the past we have tried to to regulate signatures, keep the size of them down but that didn't work either simply because ppl hate rules.

But I do beleive that in time the sa-mp problem will solve itself. When you look at those forums you'll notice more and more ppl are starting to get fedup with the totalitarian regime they have. Multiple servers that had payed to be on the hosted list have been removed over the past few months without any real, good explenation. The forums get policed like hell and things like that are pissing off the community. SA-MP has seen it's wikipedia article removed a long time ago and has recently been removed from moddb.

Those are true, but I have to agree with [RTS]SATAN. If you are unable to moderate signatures and have to make the forums boring (yes, such is the case) because of that, I'd just recommend enabling them, putting in some clear and visible rules, and possibly appointing more moderating staff. (Or at least waking up the current ones.) There is way too little mod coverage on this forum anyways.

Anyway, the SA-MP scene -might- be changing (although I find it hard being optimistic about this) for the better of MTA - unfortunately this change is extremely small and even over quite some time is hardly more noticeable than a fart in space. I'm not saying "spam SA-MP", but I am saying that more SA-MP players need to be aware that they do have an alternative. That simply is not the case right now.

Those are true, but I have to agree with [RTS]SATAN. If you are unable to moderate signatures and have to make the forums boring (yes, such is the case) because of that, I'd just recommend enabling them, putting in some clear and visible rules, and possibly appointing more moderating staff. (Or at least waking up the current ones.) There is way too little mod coverage on this forum anyways.

Anyway, the SA-MP scene -might- be changing (although I find it hard being optimistic about this) for the better of MTA - unfortunately this change is extremely small and even over quite some time is hardly more noticeable than a fart in space. I'm not saying "spam SA-MP", but I am saying that more SA-MP players need to be aware that they do have an alternative. That simply is not the case right now.

Sync is much better, its open source allows custom resources, such as snow etc..

There is just so much more to do. Map editor is more easier to use and you can share maps etc.

SAMP is all commands and gets confusing.

You can shoot gas tanks and blow up the car, just everything thats possible in GTA:SA, like motion blur and headshots etc.

8 day bump - ouch, don't bite my in the ass for reviving a controversial topic. I'll try to keep this civil but...

I could care less about SA-MP if Kye did things properly. I don't have SA-MP, in-fact, I have the up-most respect for aru, peter, cam, and all of the former developers. However, kye... that notorious f... excuse me.

The methods of censorship and trying to monopolize the "market", is just... excuse me, horrible. Banning continents from sa-mp and the forums, censoring posts included with mta, trying to remove MTA from the irc server, disrespect to his own team-mates. No, he, and I I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks this, is a complete fucking buffoon.

I tried talking to Kye in IRC, while others ridiculed me and then banned me while responding to a troll. The second time I tried to talk to him, he threatened me with "court of law", he forged a fake post of mine claiming I said: "sa-mp sucks. go play mta." (In-fact, that would be the most horrible way to get appoint across.), and then afterwards, leaked my ip, email, and account, which could have possibly revealed my name, and I'm not saying how of course, but you probably have guessed how.

If a certain somebody maybe would like to post up a nice link seeing how Kye does stuff, and the zero respect given to his developers ... eh, however, that will just make things even more wild.

Edited by Guest
8 day bump - ouch, don't bite my in the ass for reviving a controversial topic. I'll try to keep this civil but...

I could care less about SA-MP if Kye did things properly. I don't have SA-MP, in-fact, I have the up-most respect for aru, peter, cam, and all of the former developers. However, kye... that notorious f... excuse me.

The methods of censorship and trying to monopolize the "market", is just... excuse me, horrible. Banning continents from sa-mp and the forums, censoring posts included with mta, trying to remove MTA from the irc server, disrespect to his own team-mates. No, he, and I I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks this, is a complete :o buffoon.

I tried talking to Kye in IRC, while others ridiculed me and then banned me while responding to a troll. The second time I tried to talk to him, he threatened me with "court of law", he forged a fake post of mine claiming I said: "sa-mp sucks. go play mta." (In-fact, that would be the most horrible way to get appoint across.), and then afterwards, leaked my ip, email, and account, which could have possibly revealed my name, and I'm not saying how of course, but you probably have guessed how.

This type of "war" will never have a end if kye continues to be the person he is. ( Yesterday was the proof of it since what happened on irc ).

The methods of censorship and trying to monopolize the "market", is just... excuse me, horrible. Banning continents from sa-mp and the forums, censoring posts included with mta, trying to remove MTA from the irc server, disrespect to his own team-mates. No, he, and I I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks this, is a complete :o buffoon.

This type of "war" will never have a end if kye continues to be the person he is. ( Yesterday was the proof of it since what happened on irc ).

And I was out on irc when this happened. Originally, it was supposed to let one sa-mpie in to ridicule ("The Typical SAMPie"), but I decided to see if I was unbanned from the sa-mp irc, and what do you know... I joined in his channel, and the instant I mentioned GTANET and MTA, he started threatening me with legal, and personal threats.

If it is quite obvious that Kye's, nor SA-MP team's attitude towards something will not change it might be the best to leave them alone and give them a chance to enjoy their "great" mod.

Bringing up the amount of players for an argument why they think SA-MP is better than MTA is invalid and they don't have other arguments left. SA-MP is a bunch of inefficient code hooks. MTA is fully different, and hence much much better offering much better synchronization and 7 times more functions.

There's really no need to cause more drama around the two games. If you get banned for speaking your mind of presenting direct facts about Kye or SA-MP then your point is proven, so be smarter and pull away. Saying that MTA > SA-MP is telling the truth. That community- and game-wise.

And I was out on irc when this happened. Originally, it was supposed to let one sa-mpie in to ridicule ("The Typical SAMPie"), but I decided to see if I was unbanned from the sa-mp irc, and what do you know... I joined in his channel, and the instant I mentioned GTANET and MTA, he started threatening me with legal, and personal threats.

It is hard to let them on ridicule, even if we "attack" them with the truth ( mta > samp ), because actualy they have their channels fullfilled of fanboys, they cant open their eyes for a bit and play at least for one / two hours on mta to see what is called "Coding.".

If a certain somebody maybe would like to post up a nice link seeing how Kye does stuff, and the zero respect given to his developers ... eh, however, that will just make things even more wild.

If it's really all Kye, then why was I able to have a long, civil discussion with him? He did not ban me, nor threaten me. He said that he doesn't mind MTA at all, and actually doesn't hate it. According to their developers, none of them hate the MTA team personally. Something tells me you probably went in their with some hostility. I praised both sides for their great mods and in return both sides showed me the respect to discuss their views on one another in a mature way. I think the users and the teams need to cut the crap and stop hating each other. They blame one another, yet they go and flame each other and then say the other did this and that. Seriously, so what if Kye went off on his own and brought competition? This isn't a business for ****'s sake. These mods are for the fun of the community. Everyone acts like they are trying to build up some kind of amazing corporation to take over the GTA MP world...

Secondly, so what if he banned specific continents? He had people DoS'ing the forums repeatedly to try to kill off the mod. That seems like a good enough reason for me. I'm sure the MTA team would do the same if need be. If a user wanted to get past it, they'd simply just have to contact a webmaster with their IP address to have it excluded from the ban list. So what? I've seen many sites and communities do this. How is that such a bad thing? It's not his fault that someone thought it'd be funny to launch a worldwide DoS attack. Blame them for being banned.

Third, I've actually seen you say multiple times that SA:MP sucks and you should go play MTA, outside of the MTA and SA:MP channels. You need to quit lying to make points against someone you don't like. Regardless of their stances on one another, the fanboys from each side are the ones that blow this out of proportion.

The fact that he blackmailed GTANet into de-oping MTA-related people is well established. (Ask iJs and Blokker, or any network staff.) The threats he delivered to Peter are well established (you can ask him yourself, he hangs around in #mta) and the fact that he's had several DDoS attacks directed after him sort of suggests someone was really pissed off by him. People don't organize attacks like that without a reason.

He has said before that he hates MTA (see quote below) and the fact that he lets his toadies spend 24 hours a day to silence anybody who even mentions it in a semi- or quasi-favorable way (and occasionally, any way that is NOT groundless flaming and lies) doesn't really give any reason for doubting that, no matter what he's said later.

this mod was born from hatred of MTA

so fuck off

I don't mind competition per se, but I do mind people using rotten, underhanded tricks, blackmail, threats, and moderation practices that would make China proud.

This whole drama-heavy story has interested me from way before I even started playing MTA; one of the last things I did before getting suddenly banned from the SA-MP forums (Reason: "unwanted") was asking Kye for his side of the story. I didn't really want to believe all the things I'd read (only a fraction of what I've read now and confirmed several places) and was honestly hoping he'd be able to provide SOME contrast.

Apparently not, as he chose to ban me from the forums instead of trying to explain. :mrgreen:

If I remember correctly, he also banned the Netherlands once: not because of (D)DoS, but rather because of ONE guy... (Again: ask Peter.)

The fact that Kye has sent tons of former SA-MP developers running away in disgust, has had several (D)DoS attacks directed at him, and is trying very hard to keep the truth hidden at all times, does not really make him appear that honest. I really can see why he'd try to hide this as much as possible, though.

On another note, I've got a pretty good idea in order to attract people who type strings similar to "gta san andreas multiplayer" into search engines - buy another domain similar to the name gtasanandreasmultiplayer.com or .info ($1 a year) and post a blurb about each and a comparison chart with maybe some embedded youtube videos. Nevertheless, we don't want to be accused of using a similar domain name so Domain Privatization (lists the domain's WHOIS as anonymous) would come in handy so there wouldn't be any finger pointing.

sig1.jpg

On another note, I've got a pretty good idea in order to attract people who type strings similar to "gta san andreas multiplayer" into search engines - buy another domain similar to the name gtasanandreasmultiplayer.com or .info ($1 a year) and post a blurb about each and a comparison chart with maybe some embedded youtube videos. Nevertheless, we don't want to be accused of using a similar domain name so Domain Privatization (lists the domain's WHOIS as anonymous) would come in handy so there wouldn't be any finger pointing.

sig1.jpg

Get the **** out. All people like you do is want to make things worse. You are not welcome here.

The fact that he blackmailed GTANet into de-oping MTA-related people is well established. (Ask iJs and Blokker, or any network staff.) The threats he delivered to Peter are well established (you can ask him yourself, he hangs around in #mta) and the fact that he's had several DDoS attacks directed after him sort of suggests someone was really pissed off by him. People don't organize attacks like that without a reason.

He has said before that he hates MTA (see quote below) and the fact that he lets his toadies spend 24 hours a day to silence anybody who even mentions it in a semi- or quasi-favorable way (and occasionally, any way that is NOT groundless flaming and lies) doesn't really give any reason for doubting that, no matter what he's said later.

this mod was born from hatred of MTA

so fuck off

I don't mind competition per se, but I do mind people using rotten, underhanded tricks, blackmail, threats, and moderation practices that would make China proud.

This whole drama-heavy story has interested me from way before I even started playing MTA; one of the last things I did before getting suddenly banned from the SA-MP forums (Reason: "unwanted") was asking Kye for his side of the story. I didn't really want to believe all the things I'd read (only a fraction of what I've read now and confirmed several places) and was honestly hoping he'd be able to provide SOME contrast.

Apparently not, as he chose to ban me from the forums instead of trying to explain. :mrgreen:

If I remember correctly, he also banned the Netherlands once: not because of (D)DoS, but rather because of ONE guy... (Again: ask Peter.)

The fact that Kye has sent tons of former SA-MP developers running away in disgust, has had several (D)DoS attacks directed at him, and is trying very hard to keep the truth hidden at all times, does not really make him appear that honest. I really can see why he'd try to hide this as much as possible, though.

You guys aren't innocent either. You made a freaking FaceBook attack on him. What happened in the past was a long ass time ago, yet you guys continue to hold a grudge.

Also, his reasons for the de-op, although I do not agree with them, are somewhat valid. You guys started hating each other and he felt that MTA shouldn't take over GTANet with op power. Sure, a hasty move, but I can't blame him for being worried when you guys were getting into such huge fights against one another. He probably was afraid you'd abuse his channel, whether that be something you would do or not.

Look people, I honestly don't give a **** for what happened in the past. I've read everything, seen everything, and been there for parts of it. Leave it in the past. It was how long ago? Obviously none of the devs hate each other THAT much anymore or there would still be wars and fights happening. It's all the fanboys like you guys that are creating this drawn out bull**** that doesn't need to happen, which is tearing the GTA multiplayer community apart. It shouldn't be about picking sides. This isn't a ****ing business war.

On a more positive note, start looking toward the gawd damn future and learn to get along. There is a HUGE amount of both of your userbases that actually play BOTH mods. I can proudly say I am one of them, and that I PROUDLY support BOTH of you EQUALLY. I'm a huge fan of what both of you have done for the betterment of the community, but the fighting needs to end. I've offered a few times over the last few weeks to both sides to try and come to a point of peace, and so far everyone thinks it's not possible because the other side won't do it. If it's not possible, then why the hell am I not banned from both channels with people saying they hate each other? Looks like the hate is for the most part subsided to me. Give it a chance. Try to speak with each other. We're all GTA fan and multiplayer lovers here. No reason to ***** one another out for the way we do things. Like I've said many, many times already in this topic, this isn't a ****ing business competition. It's about the mods that make us love the games even more.

It's obviously a competition - and that's no bad thing. That said, MTA (as in it's developers and QA team) has never been aggressive towards other mods, and MTA has certainly taken a lot of flack from developers of other mods over the years.

Can you please keep the tone polite here - no more ****s, or telling people they aren't welcome here. This isn't your house either - you're just visiting like everyone else. Moderators and Developers get to chose who is welcome and who isn't.