Can't play with others... need help.

Guest Azzy

Okay I load up ASE, find a server, it loads up MTA, so than I load up Vice City and goto Start, New Games, connect. When I join the game, I can chat with other people. All I see are people standing around, sometimes out of nowhere I get car jacked. I always ask where they are and they said they are in front of the club... so I goto the club and they are not there. When I check my main menu map, nothing is moving, but to others, they said everyone is moving in their map. Any ideas... its already set at Windows 2000 compatibility

when i loaded the game, then connected through the client and entered a new game, i can play for about 30 seconds. then i get a time-out. i read the faq, but that didn't help me. i tried all german servers (because i am in germany) so the problem can't be my ping. i am using 768/128 adsl.

any ideas how i can play?

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay I load up ASE, find a server, it loads up MTA, so than I load up Vice City and goto Start, New Games, connect. When I join the game, I can chat with other people. All I see are people standing around, sometimes out of nowhere I get car jacked. I always ask where they are and they said they are in front of the club... so I goto the club and they are not there. When I check my main menu map, nothing is moving, but to others, they said everyone is moving in their map. Any ideas... its already set at Windows 2000 compatibility

you should connect to the server BEFORE you start a new game in vice.