Network module issue

Carlo

Question

Hey.

My friend is trying to get MTA working, however he seems to hit a wall every step on the way. We got the game installed, however when he tries to go in game, it gives him an error stating "Network module not compatible". I searched the web, searched these forums, read the wiki, asked if anyone knows a way around this issue on IRC - so far no luck. Wherever this error is mentioned, the solution always seems to be "reinstall MTA". We've tried that several times, we even manually removed the MTA directory. The operation system is XP Home edition, which sound unusual to me, but I doubt that the problem lays there.

So, if anyone has a slightest clue or idea how to get rid of that problem of ours, please do reply. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

CC.

2 answers to this question

What version are you trying to install?

Try installing another version for a change. Don't worry about not being able to play, as 1.0 works with 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and even the 1.0.3 nightlies. Of course, the opposite also counts. As long as you don't try to use the DP's, Race or SA-MP to connect, it will work. (unless the error pops up again)

(Might you not have seen it, each version number carries a download link)