Pause enabled (esc)

Mul_Tsafe

• 2 months later...

My opinion:

If you want to go AFK, type /disconnect, /quit or just live with being killed. There's no point in being on a server if you're not playing anyway. The only reason you would have is that the server might be full if you disconnect and when you return you can't join because the server is full. But in MTA there's barely ANY server that EVER manages to get full. And if you do see another reason to stay AFK on a server, don't complain. If you're getting killed over 9000 times because you were having dinner, or were watching TV or anything, it's your problem, not that of others.

Alternatively, servers can script stuff for AFK players. Like:

- If the main menu is active, cancel damage ( isMainMenuActive() )

- Put AFK players in some remote place with quiet and peaceful background music (for instance St. Marco's Bistro)

- Freeze AFK players and their vehicles, and unfreeze when they get back

- Kill AFK players in race to make sure others can continue

- Simply kick AFK players

Conclusion:

MTA is just way too flexible for a default pause option. Some gamemodes simply wouldn't work if the main menu would pause the game. Also, scripters have a wide variety of things they can do to solve this problem themselves, so this really should just be left to the servers / gamemode scripters to solve, not MTA in general. So again, either quit when going AFK, or live with being killed or whatever.

My opinion:

If you want to go AFK, type /disconnect, /quit or just live with being killed. There's no point in being on a server if you're not playing anyway. The only reason you would have is that the server might be full if you disconnect and when you return you can't join because the server is full. But in MTA there's barely ANY server that EVER manages to get full. And if you do see another reason to stay AFK on a server, don't complain. If you're getting killed over 9000 times because you were having dinner, or were watching TV or anything, it's your problem, not that of others.

- Put AFK players in some remote place with quiet and peaceful background music (for instance St. Marco's Bistro)

Conclusion:

MTA is just way too flexible for a default pause option. Some gamemodes simply wouldn't work if the main menu would pause the game. Also, scripters have a wide variety of things they can do to solve this problem themselves, so this really should just be left to the servers / gamemode scripters to solve, not MTA in general. So again, either quit when going AFK, or live with being killed or whatever.

My opinion:

Conclusion:

well your post pretty much explains the same thing i meant, so i dont get why you have to quote negativly on my post and then say nearly the same,it just makes no sense... anyway i dont want to go into discussion.

My opinion:

Conclusion:

well your post pretty much explains the same thing i meant, so i dont get why you have to quote negativly on my post and then say nearly the same,it just makes no sense... anyway i dont want to go into discussion.

If you really meant so, it would be a good idea to actually write what you mean, and not something in 1 line which doesn't describe your meaning all that well. Also, where do I "quote your post negatively"? All I did was stating my very opinion. If I offended you with it, well, didn't mean to. But I can't see with what I would have offended you.

And you know what doesn't make any sense? Starting a discussion and then saying "anyway i dont want to go into discussion". :roll:

If you really meant so, it would be a good idea to actually write what you mean, and not something in 1 line which doesn't describe your meaning all that well. Also, where do I "quote your post negatively"? All I did was stating my very opinion. If I offended you with it, well, didn't mean to. But I can't see with what I would have offended you.

And you know what doesn't make any sense? Starting a discussion and then saying "anyway i dont want to go into discussion". :roll: