Connection problem, makes MTA unplayable

zZenom

Question

Hello, I have searched the forums and tried multiple suggestions such as downloading 1.0.3 etc but i still have this problem which i will explain below...

When joining a server, it will start to download something which it does each and every time i join, but it will download it very slow...when it's finally downloaded it will take a good few minutes for the chat to catch up and display everything and for me to login, almost like lag but every other game is fine and when i do get into the server i have a very good ping.

Now when i am in the server and spawned, i look at the map and nobody is moving, so looking around at each player they are frozen and all having a timing out symbol, have tried the untested 1.0.3 etc but still nothing, and my internet is showing good speeds and no trouble at all on other games, it was also fine before 1.x so no idea whats up.

Forgot to say it's like this for all servers.

8 answers to this question

The frozen players problem has been fixed in 1.0.3 RC - Although the fix is mainly in the server, so you'll have to wait until the server owners upgrade.

Everyone says, "It is fixed in 1.0.3" but it dont work...

You should read what he said again. ;)

Although the fix is mainly in the server, so you'll have to wait until the server owners upgrade.

You have to wait until the Race / other servers switch to 1.0.3. You can request the server owners to update the server versions to 1.0.3 RC, you may never know if they'll try to help you. Otherwise, sadly, there's nothing you can do but wait. Let's just hope 1.0.3 will be released soon.

EDIT: Blargh, Mr.Hankey beat me to it, stupid when the forums don't notify you to it... Oh well, I'll just leave it here just in case.