Anyone else think this is a stupid rule?

dead2rights

So I can understand if it's a race server, but I was playing in a free roam server.

I don't much like the reg cars of GTA San Andreas, So I like to add diff skins n stuff, and the handling lines that come with that skin, kind of what makes it fun. If you got a porsche or something for the Infernus, and you got infernus handling lines, Kinda defeats the purpose of having a porsche considering it handles really crappy am I right?

Well one of the things I love about MTA is that the skins and handling lines ACTUALLY WORK! in multiplayer. Instead of having a FWD supra for the jester its really rear wheel drive. You know?

Well anyways the point is I think its a stupid rule to have in a "free roam" server to not allow us to have handling lines. I mean its free roam, its meant for you to just mess around, not play anythign seriously.

If its a race server I understand, because some skins and handling lines for that car are completely unrealistic for the right speed of that car and it makes it unfair, but if I've got a more realistic handling line for that car, it makes it more fun, and it really isnt abusing anything, it's implemented in MTA so you can have more fun then in SA-MP I think right?

That's up to the server admin to decide, not you - if the admins of a server want to disallow handling, you either need to cope with that or find another server to play on.

Also, this isn't really the place to complain about individual servers, as this forum is for MTA in general, and not servers for it.

It's not a part of MTA as much as it's part of GTA, and sooner or later, they will probably disable them and leave it up to servers via specialized handling scripting functions. In the meantime, either use them some place you're allowed to, stop using them, or make your own server, where you can use them as much as you want.

Again, this forum has nothing to do with the rules, administration or policies of servers, you would need to discuss the issue with the admins of the relevant servers. But I can easily see why so many people choose to forbid custom handling mods on their server: it can create an unfair advantage, and the game is supposed to be equal to everybody.