Removing maps/resources in-game

nisses

Question

First of all I'm sorry if this has been asked before I did search but I couldn't find anything.

I recently added a bunch of maps to my server and it is always a hassle to write up the names of the crappy maps and then remove them from the resources folder.

I can't find anything in the admin panel that can remove the maps while playing and I'm starting to wonder if this is even possible anymore?

Is it possible to remove them in anyway while playing or at least make them not show up when voting?

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Ok, Thanks.

I have already cleaned up and configured resources that aren't maps I just wrote resources because of maps being resources instead of a ".map" file now.

Anyone know if something like this would ever be implemented? It is really useful when running a server where users can upload maps.

That is actually a really interesting idea I will have to see what I can do as my knowledge of scripting is at most basic, Any pointers on how to achieve this? Otherwise I'm just gonna go ahead and read more on the wiki.

Also thanks for the help so far.

you'll need the xml functions to store the names, a commandhandler which lists the current map / a map with a specific name, then for changing the map youll need the onResourceStart event and just check for the type, if map then getResourceName and compare it to all listed mapnames with a for loop, ifi t matches with one you'd need to force a new map vote