Vehicle change spawn dont want to make cars jumping anymore

Lupinia

Question

Vehicle change pickup dont want to make cars jumping anymore. You remember, when u take vehicle-change spawn in mta:race it jumps and many maps in DD-mode built on this "bug" which became to be feature. In mta1.0 this bug got fixed. May I ask for making cars jumping on vehicle change pickup again? Or we should remake over than 200 maps? Thanks for listening, would like to hear some developer (cant post in bugtracker).

18 answers to this question

Hi.

Actually is a nice question Lupinia and i've thought about that too.

People that have a server and need to transfer maps to there will have this problem.

There is any way to fix that?

Otherwise we fucked up and in some cases will need to fix a LOT of maps :shock: Something around 9000 maps :x

Someone to help please?

Thanks

Yeah, I have to remake over than 10 my maps. Its non-sense, its not bug, shouldnt get fixed in MTA 1.0, but now I think its useless to move there. Is that possible to put "old-style" vehicle-change pickups (which jumps, when u take some of them in a row) in MTA 1.0? Or we have to remake lots of maps?

^ Agree, most of maps are based on the vehicle jumps... Its not a bug but just a feature... Which we built our maps based on, but now we have to fix all those maps? Without it some maps would've been never maded. So now we have to remake all those 100s of maps? Insane... crazy... stupid... Put it back, as it was. Not a bug but a feature.

The issue is on the bugtracker, I don't think it's hard to fix but getting it right requires some testing (so that cars don't jump too high or too low).

EDIT: Could you provide us with a small piece of map that has that teleport part for testing?

All this 6 or 7 people wrote about "jumping problem" are from one clan in MTA Race (FOTL). I am sure Lupina (aka Tails) asked them to write this messages. So dont think that its such a big problem.

Old MTA Race had jumping bag. New MTA has no it. And its cool.

Yes, some old DM maps used the bag. But, FOTL-DDC want to move their server to MTA 1.0 only now, when all race clans are here for a long time... Before them many clans moved their servers and maps to MTA 1.0. Such as XIII, SGA, SHC, SiK, NeO and others. For example XIII already remade large amount of their maps with this bag. Other guys are working or already remade bag-part too. And new maps are made without this bag.

And if u return this bag.. Many people will need to remake again.. Or some parts of new maps will need be fixed because of a "new old bag".

Please dont change it. Its waste of time. And not all mta race community will be glad. MTA Race have other much more important things which must be fixed.

Thank You. And excuse me for my bad english.

Listen to me. think about the work. Its not quite easy to rebuild every map just because this little bug is deleted. Players always built their maps like that and played em like that!! So just because u havent got any plan of building maps etc. u shouldnt say things like that here. U're just a little player which doesnt think about the work that would be for the Owners of the server..

And the XIII Server DOESNT work good. They simply didnt rebuilt these maps! And they get just stuck at these spawn-lifts! And the newbies just dont care about that because they dont really know the game. And because there are enough old school players the Vehicle Change Spawn Jump IS nessecairy for the game! So please fix it!! Please, it would be much easier for everyone of us. Thanks

greeTz

But, FOTL-DDC want to move their server to MTA 1.0 only now, when all race clans are here for a long time...

We dont want to move. We want to keep it in both games. I have to remind, you moved your server and lost lot of old players who said they wont move in this such bugged game. Same with map creators, they didnt want to remake car spawns only because of fixing this "bug". Thought moving in mta 1.0 had to be trouble-free. If it wasnt a target of developers who called mtarace players in mtadm - correct me.

And if u return this bag.. Many people will need to remake again..

They dont need to remake it again. Just need to put those maps which they had on their mtarace servers.

For example XIII already remade large amount of their maps with this bag

And lost lot of old mapcreators and players who said they wont move in this bugged game.

We dont want to make our community getting disappointed like XIII did. We tested mta 1.0 server and almost all of players said that they dont think we even have to move. The biggest bug they said was those non-jumping cars spawn and I agree with it.

Im sorry but you would post here just this - "We remaded all maps, now you all have to do it too, muhaha". And it would be the same as you posted.

How to post there? Havent find any button like "Submit issue", and it says my access level is Viewer.

You have to click the drop-down box in the upper left (saying "All projects", probably) and set it to "New Issues". After that a "Report issue" link appears near the top-center of the screen.

You have to click the drop-down box in the upper left (saying "All projects", probably) and set it to "New Issues". After that a "Report issue" link appears near the top-center of the screen.

i don't recommend telling this to anyone since he just proved he didn't even read the front page -> will cause even more chaos on the bug tracker which as to be dealt with -> will cause devs not being interested in looking at the page at all after some time -> not good

Sorry to say to the dev's but at XIII server tthe car pickup spawns are changed, since mta 1.0. but it doesnt feel RIGHT!. You will still bugged if youre going into the carspawnlift. you will fall down because the range/speed of the spawns are not fast as race. so you dont go up or fall down after 2 spawns. and at some maps you need that little jump of the spawn to get to the another platform.

Well Because of this XIII removed almost all maps with a lift, and edited some parts of the map to get to the next part. but still.

if its possible to get the 'old' spawn feeling. almost all race-DM players will be happy

add this to race engine somewhere

value=0.3 --needs testing to get right one
addEventHandler("onPickupHit",getRootElement(),function()
if [some way to detect is the pickup a change pickup] then
local veh=getPedOccupiedVehicle(source)
local vx,vy,vz=getElementVelocity(veh)
setElementVelocity(veh,vx,vy,vz+value)
end
end)