Server 2000

ruby159

Question

Eey guys,

If i want to run the mta 1.0.1 server on Windows Server 2000 i receive this error: THe procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be found in ws2_32.dll

now i found this http://www.codeguru.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-393756.html

Support for freeaddrinfo on earlier versions of Windows:

The freeaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later. To execute an application using this function on earlier versions of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows Me/98/95), then you must include the Ws2tcpip.h file and also include the Wspiapi.h file. When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the freeaddrinfo function is defined to the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo inline function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the Wship6.dll (the file containing freeaddrinfo in the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000) does not include freeaddrinfo, then a version of freeaddrinfo is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms that do not natively support the freeaddrinfo function.

so i think it is the MTA team who need to fix it, am i right? sad because now i still need to run on 1.0 which freeze sometimes.

Gr Ruben (owner of XIII-Clan)

2 answers to this question