Kick/Ban command

patrik

Question

So, I've managed to set up my very first server and now it is filled with morons who DM everyone all the time. I found a votekick and a voteban but the voteban is disabled and I would prefer direct commands. So, is there any kick/ban command which you can run from console and how do I use them?

8 answers to this question

Yes, I managed to do that, the problem is that I don't know the commands do kick / ban people. A simple "kick " didn't do the job, nor did "sudo kick " (just a guess since the "help" command said sudo existed and I assumed it worked like in linux). It would also be nice kicking/banning from the dedicated server console.

Yes, I managed to do that, the problem is that I don't know the commands do kick / ban people. A simple "kick " didn't do the job, nor did "sudo kick " (just a guess since the "help" command said sudo existed and I assumed it worked like in linux). It would also be nice kicking/banning from the dedicated server console.

Unless you screwed up something, you can just press P to open an admin panel where you can take care of most player-related stuff. If you don't manage to open the panel, you're probably not admin after all (CLOSE the server, modify and save acl.xml, restart the server).

If you do manage to open the admin panel, but can't use it anyways, SEARCH before you ask any more.

Good luck.

I probably screwed up something then. I manage to get it to say I logged in but the P key wouldn't do anything. I'll just keep trying, thanks for the help

EDIT:

accounts.xml

<accounts>
   <autologin>0</autologin>
   <account name="Console" password="" />
   <account name="Patrik_Swedman" password="9BB29CED3AAA02E38463464F96******" ip="85.224.81.168" />
</accounts>

(The stars were added, they are not in the file)

I assume it added IP and hash automatically, because I didn't add them like that

acl.xml

<group name="Admin">
       <acl name="Moderator" />
       <acl name="SuperModerator" />
       <acl name="Admin" />
		<object name="user.Patrik_Swedman" />
       <acl name="RPC" />
       <object name="resource.admin" />
       <object name="resource.webadmin" />
   </group>

Be completely sure that you've already closed the server before you start editing any files. The next thing to check would be that the admin resource is actually running; open your mtaserver.conf and make sure the admin resource is autostarting. The autostart resources are commonly at the bottom of the conf file.

Be completely sure that you've already closed the server before you start editing any files. The next thing to check would be that the admin resource is actually running; open your mtaserver.conf and make sure the admin resource is autostarting. The autostart resources are commonly at the bottom of the conf file.

Aha, yes that was it, it was not actually running. I added this line now and going try it out.

<resource src="admin" startup="1" protected="1"/>

EDIT:

It works now, thanks for all the help :)