Map Editor failed...:(

Truespin

Question

Hello.

I tried to use the map editor in 1.0 for the first time. I was connected but confused because I could not click at any icon.....

...after a while I had a look in the console which was saying "failed to load ressource mapeditor". So how can I fix that?

Another question. When I am in the editor, how can my mate connect to that server via internet?

Thank you

6 answers to this question

...after a while I had a look in the console which was saying "failed to load ressource mapeditor". So how can I fix that?

Are you sure you've installed the "server" component during 1.0 installation?

And for connecting from the internet, you need to make sure port 22010 is open, then him give your IP. (You can find your IP HERE)

• MTA Team

You need a full installation of MTASA (Client and Server option) for using map editor.

As for letting your mate to join to your server, do what Gamesnert suggested, and you will also need to increase the player limit (the maxplayers server variable) for the map editor in its settings file (MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\editor.conf).

Make also sure that all ports mentioned in that file (22010 udp and 22011 tcp) are opened and forwarded correctly, and not in use. Some tips for forwarding can be found here: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/index.ph ... forwarding

I had the full ressources installed. The was coming from any map file...or maybe cause there were to much in. I deleted everrything and reinstalled MTA and now it workes.

But the problem with my mate still exists. I totally disabled my firewall, but he is always getting that timed out error. And in my router settings port-forwarding ist off, what means every port is open. Or is that wrong?

The editor-config was of course edited to two players. :)