WINE compatibility

skybon

Question

2 answers to this question

Personally, I mean that'd be a fairly low priority - how about making it work properly on systems on which it's intended to run first?

Edit: on closer inspection, that's not even an MTA bug. If you can install programs "persistently" in WINE, you're fine if you install what it asks for (VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist.) and if you can't, you're fucked and there's very little that can be fixed.

Hello, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've have tried quite a lot of things to get MTA client running in Wine. Installation of MTA went fine under wine (after I installed the Visual Studio 2008 redistributable, thanks guys on IRC). I have also tried running the version I installed on Windows, this gives me the same result. I have followed the guide on the wiki. Here are the results :

Running the MTA_SA_unix.exe output a bunch of missing dll errors. I proceeded to download and install all the missing dlls. Now it brings up a dialog that is called "Load" it shows the path to the unix.dll file. It only has one option, an OK button. Pressing it results in nothing. The application doesn't exit, it just sits there.

I have also tried running the normal exe file that results in the following errors:

fixme:advapi:SetEntriesInAclA 1 0x32ed0c (nil) 0x32ed08

fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub

fixme:advapi:SetEntriesInAclA 1 0x197e6cc (nil) 0x197e6c8

fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub

Maybe someone can make some sense of this :D