Restricting Certain Skins

bravo351

In integrating "legalsystem" into the server I'm helping to build (ty Slothman, author), I need a way to restrict the availability of cop skins to certain members of the server. In the mainly freeroam server I'm administering, there are 2 ways to obtain setElementModel; /setskin (or the F1 button of the "freeroam" GUI), or /skin, made possible by the following script:

function playerSkin ( player, commandName, id )
setElementModel ( player, id )
end
addCommandHandler ("skin", playerSkin )

"legalsystem" works by identifying Officers by skin, not by team. I tried recoding it to identify by server team with getPlayerTeam and failed, so I'm left with restricting the cop skins to the Police team in these 2 skin-getting resources. How do I do this? Any help offered would be greatly appreciated, and due credit will be inserted into each altered resource. Thank you.

It seems that working with teams for some people is confusing. I have no idea why though. Tell us, what you've had problems with? Any error/warning messages?

BTW, use debug window for debugging. It will show you every error and warning messages.

/debugscript 3

I didn't have any error messages whatsoever... my team problem came in properly referencing it in other scripts. Slothman was kind enough to help me with tightening up the bad syntax i used, in particular getTeamFromName instead of getTeamName. So now instead of restricting the skin models I don't want certain people in the server to have, I simply reference the server team and let the others wear whatever they want. I'd still like to know how I could restrict the available skins to spawn with for certain groups, but it's not nearly as critical anymore.