how do i mute other players?

StillWaiting

Question

14 answers to this question

there was no reason to delete this option. how do i mute people without being an admin? its completely necessary. not EVERYONE, just SELECT PEOPLE. its been done in gaming since forever, and this team seems to have done a microshit and deleted functionality that had no reason to be fucked with.

You can easily make a similar function if you take five minutes to do that instead of bitching on the forums...

Edited by Guest
if it's so easy, it should have already been in the game. more importantly, it never should have left.

it figures someone making faggy comments would also quote a post that was directly above him. what a moron.

Yeah. You're definitely getting help now. Rofl.

Ignore would have been a relatively simple implementation for 1.0.1 (which will be a patch fix almost immediately), but the following reasons mean it has to have a little bit of thinking:

• Custom chat. Scripts that control the chatbox make it kind of messy. You'd also need to expose the ignored players to Lua for it to work properly.
  • 1.0.1 schedule means that we're looking into immediate crashes etc that could be resolved which are mainly high priority.
  • Your attitude

How about a "mini console panel" for the Everyone group with basic functions like Ignore. For example, clicking the button Ignore would show a pane with names and setting a checkmark beside the name and clicking OK will ignore the users of choice. This might be a way to minimize the messiness of the chatbox as well.

Other functions could include private messenging with a names pane and a tabbed chatbox. An overlay in the gaming area could alert you to who messaged you so you know when you've got a message waiting.

Other functions could include private messenging with a names pane and a tabbed chatbox. An overlay in the gaming area could alert you to who messaged you so you know when you've got a message waiting.

This is something I'd like to see, being able to see if players are online and chatting etc with em cross-server. (and even better, no more /msg [name] [message] :D) Perhaps using community usernames? (when available again, that is)

is it in yet? i assume the server sends the messages to each client. as such, the client should be able to filter out iggied idiots. simple :~. i have no intrest in learning LUA. i know enough programing languages. someone needs to get on the f*ckin ball here

And that someone had better be you, seeing as you apparently overestimate the chance of someone here bothering to help an ungrateful son of a bitch like you, who isn't even interested in trying, but is just whining, waiting to get it served on a silver platter.

Newsflash; this is the MTA forum, not a forum for your personal servants.

Learn some fucking Lua, and go away.

Oh, and have a great day. :wave:

how about an optional source parameter in server-side outputChatBox, this way custom colored chat could be ignored as well, the default player chat would of course have the player who sent it as source. unfortunately this would still require the mute function to be mta side not script side... well it would be possible with a script but really messy