Server Load & Bandwidth Issue with MTA

overdrive

Question

Hey Guys, Im the Owner of ValhallaGaming.net, We recently released our MTA server and we are having Great Sucess with that. However we are now running into an issue of MTA taking up a lot of resources on one of our Boxes when theres more than 80 players online. The box that our MTA is running on is one of our Quad core Xeon Servers with 8 gigs of ram. (We own our servers we do not rent btw) It is connected to our Internap Backbone in Dallas, Texas USA. Theres only a couple servers on this box besides MTA.

Heres a SS of What is looks ike when theres about 70 Players on MTA. All the other Servers that were on Currently on this box were temp Locked to take an accurate load SS.

l_5825dbf819384efb8f5b51ae74038b57.jpg

l_61ef50a2db91439da427070b25d75e9a.jpg

and this is when the server has more than 90 players on it.

l_b0656b7e6ae440a598e80a450af9593a.jpg

l_7ee022f378374a82b365f2fbb7922672.jpg

I was unable to post this in the MTA mantis as im only set as a viewer. Mys cripting team has been trying to figure it out but we think its an MTA Server client issue.... Please give me your thoughts...

4 answers to this question

It'd be interesting to see what it looks like without your gamemode running...

To me the low FPS looks a bit more worrying than the CPU usage. I'd expect the CPU usage to be somewhat exponential, which is (roughly) what you're seeing there.

If you can do any more to diagnose what might be causing it, we'd like to hear it - it's hard for developers to test with that many players!

If you guys can give me a baseline server script we can run, that has nothing on it, and or annoucne just a test on the site that would help us out a lot. I will then take Snapshots of the load with out our current script and see where we are at. I to would like to know if its MTA or if its our Script

I don't think this is exponential, it looks more like being squared - but I don't have three values to compare, only two.

Squared would make sense if your script uses a lot of "loop in loops".

I think I got to look through the lua engine, but after reading through your scripts I suppose you are using a lot "setElementData" stuff, which is synced for every single player.

That means if 10 players are getting setElementData'd, there is 10*10 = 100 data items the server has to send (for each player the data of each player).

If 100 players get setElementData'd, its 10000.

Amidoingitrite?