MAP Editor - Map file dissapeared.

Darius

Question

Hey i've been working on a map for a roleplay server for about a week now, I was nearly finished. When I went to save it, I noticed I couldn't come out of the save menu screen. Clicking on 'save' or 'cancel' didnt work. But I was still able to go onto the main menu 'disconnect, server list etc.' so I clicked on disconnect. When I went back on the map editor later, I noticed my file was no longer on the list. When I checked in the program files, my file was there. But instead of being at least 34kb+ it was 1kb. Anybody know what happened? And how to get my map back. :S

7 answers to this question

Sounds like its got corrupted. I think you might be screwed. :(

When i make maps, i always save frequently to two or three different filenames and alternate between them. Something i learned to do from the old race map editor - might be a bit extra work but in situations like this at least you have a backup.

I reckon someone could make a resource that backed up what you're working on in the editor pretty easily - it's probably only a few lines of code with 'copyResource'. The issue would be you'd get a lot of clutter if it kept lots of backups...