MTA 1.0 Map Editor Issues

Firstly, great job on version 1.0 lads, it seems pretty soild. However, the editor seems to have a few issues, at least with me.

1, Test map.....the tutorial doesn't go into great depth.....when I hit "test" I either fall from a height and die, fall from a height and live, but everything to do with my map has vanished, or the "race" banner comes up then it starts to load other maps, but doesn;t actually load them, or i get an error saying "editor_test failed to load" (i have added race definition as well)

2, when you load a race, you are no longer transported to wherever your race starts, like on mta:race, not a major gripe and its probably just something I haven't worked out.

3, cloning.....if i hit c, a car (for example) clones on top of itself. then I have to left and right click a few times to pick it up. if I ctrl+c, it appears on the cursor, which is great, but i still have to put the car down and pick it up again cuz it is buried half in the ground. Plus, it doesn't work if I have already placed the last car on the map. In the old version I could point the cursor at the sky, hit ctrl+f9 and have an object on the end which wudnt end up half buried.

I know they are minor gripes, but I have made sooo many tracks and maps with the old editor, that this one seems a little inefficent and niggly. The inclusion of the undo and redo buttons is an xlent addition tho so kudos to you for that.

love and hugs MSD

I would report these bugs/feature requests on the bug tracker since not all developers view the forums regularly. Note that you must be logged in to your Community account, if you don't have one register and use it to login. Then switch 'projects', which is at the top right of the page, to 'new issues' and click 'Report Issue' to report these crashes you are having. Remember to describe when and what you were doing at the time this crashed happened and upload the dumps which can be found in your MTA installation directory (\MTA San Andreas\MTA\dumps). Unfortunately the growth in features of MTA has also introduced new bugs and various crashes, your contribution can help in fixing these bugs.

• 5 months later...