Graphics are completely messed up

j0lt

Question

Hey, first off I'll say I'm new here, but I've played MTA and SA-MP a bit, but stopped because MTA wasn't really popular around here and SA-MP is just unplayable. I have high hopes for MTA 1.0, and this is the first time I'm trying MTA on this particular computer of mine.

The graphics for MTA are completely messed up, the singleplayer game runs perfectly.

When I join/create any server:

jvjsSJ.png

Shortly after the game shows up looking like this:

9qeHOt.png

As I said before, singleplayer works fine so I don't know how this could be the fault of my computer, but here are my specs (yes I'm aware it's no beast :P):

Intel Core2 Duo T6570 @ 2.1ghz

1gb ram

Intel GMA 4500MHD

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks in advance.

25 answers to this question

I only had the lower one a few times, due to an overheated video card... lol

I don't know why it would give such a screen on join, but perhaps MTA doesn't like Intel video cards..? (personally, I didn't even know of their existence up till now)

Happens the same to me, why this happens? Some way to fix it?

What are your PC's specs?

Seems to be an Intel related problem.

In fact, there's a much funnier detail.

Intel GMA 4500MHD
Intel int. GMA 4500M

Seems like there's some problem in this series? Or it's just coincidence. I can't find much information about this video card on the internet. The only thing I can find about "GMA" is that it's Intel's integrated video card branch, of which the word "integrated" raises concern for me.

I don't know how to fix this, but since I don't see much problems with this card coming up on Google and Singleplayer works, there should be some way to get around this.

Well yes, that or buy a new video card. Which I frankly don't really recommend.

You might want to place a bug report on http://bugs.mtasa.com/, since that's really much more checked than the forums when it comes to bugs inside the source. Or assumed to be inside the source. Unfortunately though, the devs seem to have a little break going on right now, since there hasn't been a change to MTA in some time. So it might take some time.

• MTA Team
Unfortunately though, the devs seem to have a little break going on right now
No brake, hard work. Reviewing the release and analyzing it to create a better release strategy for the future. Updating the roadmap and planning on how to proceed for future versions.

1.0 was a major milestone, but the fat lady ain't singing yet :)

It's a 4500 intel video card series problem, I have 3 PC's with those video cards and they have the same problem.

I've ask intel for support but as normal GTA runs well they say it's an MTA problem.

If anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it