Linux Server Compilled Debian 5

• MTA Team

It is borderline impossible to create 1 package that will work on every linux. The MTA server has a lot of dependencies that have to be met and the versions of those debs is different on different distributions.

A server compiled on the latest ubuntu for example will not work on Debian 4 or could even refuse to work on the last LTS version of Ubuntu.

In the future we hope to be able to breng distribution specific packages (like .deb for debian/*buntu, rpm for RH/F/CentOS, ...) and maybe set up our own repo to allow people to install and update with a package manager.

To be honest there are alot of distros out there i think mayby a poll should be run to see what the main distros are that people are using, for example i run slackware 12.2 on my desktop P.C and ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop, getting the server to run on the laptop is easy but it takes a bit of tweaking to get slackware running the server which i assume would be the case for other likewise distros.

A unified distro repo for the server compile would be awsome but it would need a little man power

• MTA Team

a unified repo needs research. I already learned how to build .deb files and set up a repo for them. Should be online by the weekend. We will also be doing research for other distributions, but it will be impossible to test for every distribution out there. I hope for example that one of the 2 debs will also work on Ubuntu (both the LTS version as well as the latest version).

Fedora 11 indeed showed some problems (see the support -> linux forum) and if i find the time i'll have a look at slackware as well. OpenSuSE is also on my todolist.

libehs.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR: Loading mod (/home/servers/mta/mods/deathmatch/deathmatch.so) failed!

Press Q to shut down the server!

What to do? Help me, please! :(:(:(

And that there shows blatent proof that this person has not read the rest of this thread. mainly post 3, which states that the download is MISSIING half its files, and even if it had them, it still wouldnt work.

And when there will be an assemblage which will support libehs.so and others?

Thanks. :cry:

P.S. I badly understand English, sorry. :oops:

Lets see...

I'm working on .debs that solve that issue and a repo for easy downloading. After the .debs work i'm gonna try to create some .RPMs

When Blocker finishes it. so im guessing, not too long.

• MTA Team
for example i run slackware 12.2 on my desktop P.C and ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop, getting the server to run on the laptop is easy but it takes a bit of tweaking to get slackware running the server which i assume would be the case for other likewise distros.
Installed Slackware 12.2 and had not a single porblem with compiling or running the server.

ok just thought i would update with the mandriva side of things

everything works good just make sure you have the cpp libaries to compile with the c++ preprocessor

had a few people hit this wall when they where preparing the sparsehash library

will be back fr more updates with some other distros that im trying out

:D

i fixed the libehs thing by compileing ehs myself(source is in the vendor directory).

But now it is complaining about my libjson.so

/usr/lib/libjson.so.0: undefined symbol: min

To compile libehs you need to fix a dependecy issue by compileing and installing software called pme(a link to the developer page of this tool will apper after doing ./configure).

Hey,

I'm having an issue installing. The generic package doesn't seem to work on CentOS 5.3 (final).

The error I got: ./mta-server: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I extracted everything usr/lib is there. mta-server is in opt/mta-server..

I have a problem, on Debian 4, too:

Doesn't know what was going on - all the Radar icons were at the bottom left corner of the map (no, not at 0, 0, 0 - somewhere behind Mount Chiliad, above the ocean). Also all Markers where not visible, i think they were also on this "mystic" place. Note that the Colshapes was working.

Last Problem: All vehicles were only visible, as i going very near to them (~ 10 meters). I also tried to reinstall MTA:SA 1.0.

Note: All scripts and resources are completely updated to 1.0, i have absolutely no problems on my test Windows-server using the same scripts!

I also setting up the Linux-server again and just started ctv - same problem, without any custom resources!

so long,

XetaQuake

Back again.

aint been working much on the linux side of things recently

but i got a copy of Crash Bang Linux through the other day :mrgreen: its based on Ubuntu 9.04 so it runs smooth as a whistle with no problems

:!: BUT i also tested out the Forward releases of Ubuntu and OpenSUSE (Testing builds) :!:

Try to run the server on stable releases and not on test releases had alot of problems with failed libaries and "unknown packages"

But thats just my experiance :D

• 2 weeks later...
We know and are investigating the problem. Something is outdated but we don't know yet what

Hey.

Today, i compiled the server by myself using this tutorial: http://code.google.com/p/multitheftauto ... BuildLinux

(got root today)

I was thinking the problem i posted on this thread (and are written in the latest news) will not appear when i compile the server by myself (instead of installing the server using linux.multitheftauto.com), but this problem are still existent!

When i will be possible to run an MTA 1.0 Server on Debian 4?

It would be nice if you or an other Team member can give me an status report!

//Update: Got the 1.0 Server to work now :) Just used this SyncStructures.h: http://github.com/multitheftauto/multit ... ructures.h