The OMGWTF MTA1.0.1 Thread

Dark Dragon

Question

For the first days/weeks I'd like to hear your comments to the release, you can comment on anything that you like dislike or whatever. Post whatever you think might fit here, don't be afraid to post!

I'm really happy to see 1.0.1 being released, many many things were improved during the time of the nightly builds and I love seeing others being happy while playing. There are some small bugs (stealth spectating change, assault sometimes not respawning players properly) which could have been fixed but who cares, will be fixed soon and those are only resource based bugs, so theres nothing you'd have to worry about!

Edited by Guest

Congratulations to the MTA team for releasing v1.0.

I've followed this project from the very beginning, and a very comfortable feeling of nostalgia came to me when seeing the big "one point oh".

I remember sitting with my buddy, trying out the first version using "previous car method" and talking about how cool this would be if it had gangs, guns, gamemodes, maps and so on.

Now here we are again. I'm five years older and Multi theft auto is even more than i could imagine back then.

I'm having my mentioned buddy over this weekend together with a couple of other guys for a old fashioned LAN, where Multi theft auto definetly will be on the schedule.

Thanks for spending all this time on this project.

Thanks for sharing it with us, the community.

Thanks for making geek-dreams come true.

I salute you.

I have a really weird issue with the racing mod. A lot of the time all vehicles around me just dissappear and it looks like im racing alone. The cars of the other players are standing still at the start. My ping is 16 but i sometimes get the network trouble message. The downloading of map resources is pretty slow as well from time to time. Im on a wireless network, dont know if that could be causing it, or wether its some bug in MTA.

Edited by Guest
Wireless overall is a bit less stable than with wire. You can always try it by wire, if possible, to see if that solves most of the issues.

Thats not really an option since i'd have to start drilling holes in the ceiling lol.

The weird thing is that it only happens on our own clan server but not on other servers that are further away.