The OMGWTF MTA1.0.1 Thread

Dark Dragon

Question

For the first days/weeks I'd like to hear your comments to the release, you can comment on anything that you like dislike or whatever. Post whatever you think might fit here, don't be afraid to post!

I'm really happy to see 1.0.1 being released, many many things were improved during the time of the nightly builds and I love seeing others being happy while playing. There are some small bugs (stealth spectating change, assault sometimes not respawning players properly) which could have been fixed but who cares, will be fixed soon and those are only resource based bugs, so theres nothing you'd have to worry about!

Edited by Guest

The first thing that strikes me is how the resources aren't really functioning well. Looking in my server log, there's a LOT of error lines from Admin, Killmessages, and several others. There are also deprecated functions in some of them...

Apart from that, I'm not disappointed. The MTA people and a lot of the community deserve a pat on the back.

It feels a bit pointless really, because of the nightly's. Later versions will still continue and so, if you play them, the next version won't be as cool. This time it was alright though, cause I stopped playing the nightly's about a month ago.

EDIT: On a happier note, MTA 1.0 is awesome. SFPG is a good extension of the awesome.

well the MTA 1.0 is a kind of good mod, because many diffrent game types (DM,Race) are now "pressed" into one game. But for the MTA Race guys it´s really hard to convert the maps and stuff like that. Moreover for me it´s new, that i script with Lua... before we had our own "mta-race" script.

Would be nice if somebody got a resolution to convert the maps fast and clean. Because i heard about story like if you convert the maps, they all have respawn again. Really bad for DD/DM maps...

EDIT:

Map converter dont work very good... 20% of the maps have respawn and the starting time is edited... idk how to edit it back, because in the meta.xml its correct...

AND IMPORTANT PLEASE EDIT THE VECHICLE CHANGES

you don´t blow up anymore, so like 40% of our maps don´t work anymore... we always used this small "jump" for elevators and shit like that... so pls edit it back.

Thank you

Gr. Flemm

AND IMPORTANT PLEASE EDIT THE VECHICLE CHANGES

you don´t blow up anymore, so like 40% of our maps don´t work anymore... we always used this small "jump" for elevators and :~ like that... so pls edit it back.

Yea I was concerned about that, never tested it but I had a feeling it wouldn't work. Anyway I'm sure it's a very easy fix and will be added soon.

Although I'm happy it was released I would have been happier if you had waited just a bit longer. As already mentioned the resources still need a lot of work, the debugscript window is constantly spammed and ACL still doesnt work in the admin panel. We are also getting several connection errors. Mainly "version verification" but we even had one that I haven't seen before, "fatal error 6". I checked the manual and the description of that error is "invalid custom data length on entity-add packet". No idea what that means and why it should be solved by trying again three times.

Sorry for complaining but you asked for it :P

I can see MTA 1.0 is better but lately I get lots of "***NETWORK TROUBLE***" but they don't disconnect me, it is just be like 1 second :/, mainly in race servers. It is not a big issue at all but in DP2.3 it is very rare for me to receive that message. I notice it has some bugs but they are minor but I ain't bother because these bugs had already been noted down.

The best of all, DM & Race have been put together in one and it is amazing. Our player count has increased and it is more fun to race in 30-50 players server because it is so funny and entertaining (many cars crashes/explosion/fails) hehehehe always good fun! Cookie for the MTA Team :)

The bad thing for me is when I minimize MTA, sometimes I receive an error about Microsoft C++ and my MTA will automically close so now if I want to talk on MSN/change a song, I will have to have MTA on Windowed mode. Anyone know how to fix this? Please don't say "Stop using MSN and changing songs then" because that just don't help the situation.

I can see MTA 1.0 is better but lately I get lots of "***NETWORK TROUBLE***" but they don't disconnect me, it is just be like 1 second :/, mainly in race servers. It is not a big issue at all but in DP2.3 it is very rare for me to receive that message.

Does this happen in all servers? Do you have a wireless connection?

The bad thing for me is when I minimize MTA, sometimes I receive an error about Microsoft C++ and my MTA will automically close so now if I want to talk on MSN/change a song, I will have to have MTA on Windowed mode. Anyone know how to fix this? Please don't say "Stop using MSN and changing songs then" because that just don't help the situation.

Issue 0004790

It happens on all race servers i think - it doesnt actually cause any harm, you just get ***NETWORK TROUBLE*** flash on the screen for about half a second at the end of every race. It doesn't disconnect you or anything so its more of an annoyance than anything. And yeah it didnt happen with 2.3

I think 1.0 is pretty great too. However, interacting (either if it's lag or interpolation of some sort) with vehicles in races, some people push me out of the way if I'm ahead as if my car is a tin can and it's as if their cars are heavy like trains. Also, in instances where my car hits them from the side to try to push them out of the way - their vehicles don't budge but I ricochet off them like a bug hitting the windshield. This never occured with MTA: SA Race. Maybe it's due to the new core or amount of players but I think it should be ironed out soon.

And, once most of the crashes get sorted out, it'll boast for a more seamless experience.

Great, scarface. Will there be a roadmap for 1.0.1 so we can see the progress as well?

Also, I had just thought - it'd be neat in the next version if the camera (mouse cam) rotated on the correct side of a fake wall (road, etc.) so you didn't have to rotate the camera in another direction in order to see where you want to look. Normally, on a fake wall like this, if you want to go perpendicular to the wall and you're facing away from it, your camera goes behind the wall and you can't see your vehicle. It's like collision detection for the camera. If this is too difficult to understand, I can take a video clip to demonstrate.