[REL] Chatbubbles

Dark Dragon

I proudly present my new chatbubbles resource!

What does it do?

Chatbubbles adds messages sent via chat above the head of the player who has sent the message. Normal messages are visible to everyone, while teamchat is colored in the team color and is only visible to members of that team. /me messages are not displayed.

Why should I get it?

With the upcoming release of MTA 1.0 I hope that it will attract more people. With lots of people on a server the chat is used rapidly, and its sometimes hard to read messages that were addressed to you. Imagine a server with 80 people chatting to each other, you are currently cruising around with your mate and you want to tell him something. With the normal ingame chat he will probably not even notice that you've just written something to him because it will be out of the chat before he saw it, with chatbubbes you will always keep track of what your nearby friends are saying. It's also good for teamplay, you will find the one who said "cover me" or "follow me" much easier!

How does it look ingame?

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7043/g ... 202562.png

for more see the resource in the community center

How can I modify it?

Chatbubbles currently features 4 settings in the meta.xml which can be changed there or in the admin panel.

-DefaultTime: The time in milliseconds which every single bubble should be visible to clients

-PerCharacterAddition: The time in milliseconds which every single letter in a message adds to the total time visible

-MaxBubbles: This decides how many chatbubbles can be stacked above one's head, "false" disables this limit.

-HideOwn: Should players be able to see their own bubbles?

Where do I get it?

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.html?p=resources&s=details&id=383

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ls&id=7254

What do I write in this topic?

Comments, suggestions, bugreports any everything else

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
I have found a Bug:

Sometimes the Chat-bubbles doesn't go away (not either after 10 minutes)! This doesn't happened by me, but many players are annoyed about this Problem.

Happens when a player says something but hasn't finished downloading client-side files yet. That players' chatbubbles are never removed.

• 2 months later...
Simbad stole the script, same with Snow. its the same damn script as this!!

If it's the same script, they simply pressed the "download" button. It isn't public for nothing, you know...

i dont mean that!! they changed the credits so he "Scripted" it and i know he didn't...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...