MTA:SA 1.0 Release date announced

darkdreamingdan

mta10cvs_transparent.png

After several weeks of fixing, preparing for release, fixing again, testing, fixing, trying to release, fixing, testing, we feel we're at the stage to actually release - at long last.

No this isn't a bluff. The date isn't April 1st. We actually intend on releasing Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.0. As lots of our faithful followers have noticed, our roadmaps for Resources, Editor and the mod itself all reached 100%. The forums, IRC and our bugtracker have been buzzing whilst we've been going through and ensuring the release is as polished as possible.

Now, you may be wondering why there isn't a download link of any sort. This post is actually an announcement: MTA:SA 1.0 will be released later today. There will be no specific release time; however, a good estimate would be around 24 hours to this post. During this period we would like to reach out to all users and server admins for MTASA:Race and MTASA:Deathmatch to upgrade to our unified MTA:SA 1.0 client. With literally hundreds of changes including tweaks, fixes and features, MTA:SA 1.0 is simply the best modification for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. We urge all server owners to look into our Nightly Builds to ensure their scripts will be compatible. MTA:Race server owners should check our Upgrading to 1.0 and its Benefits page.

Please bear in mind this is subject to anything breaking at the last minute - despite our best efforts, these things do happen. However, the mod is now "feature locked", and the Resources package will not be getting any last minute modifications - unless any serious bugs arise.

Currently we're in the process of testing a Release Candidate which we hope will turn out to be the real installer.

Watch this space later today for further release information. See you in-game soon.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTA:Race server owners should check our Upgrading to 1.0 and its Benefits page.
# The all new open-sourced Map Editor means you can create your race maps with ease.

race edf is still bugged:

- it doesnt matter how much checkpoints you place.. the first checkpoint is always the finish (which means you can't make races with it)

- checkpoint size in normal map editor mode is different from the cp size in testing mode

- you still can't open the properties gui for pickups by double-clicking

//edit:

However, the mod is now "feature locked", and the Resources package will not be getting any last minute modifications - unless any serious bugs arise.

If you really want the mta:race guys to change to 1.0 .. somebody should at least fix the the bug with the checkpoints, so they can make race maps with the new editor, instead of using the old mta:race editor.

Yay! :D /me finishing his SFTDM fast, for the server.

MTA:Race server owners should check our Upgrading to 1.0 and its Benefits page.
# The all new open-sourced Map Editor means you can create your race maps with ease.

- it doesnt matter how much checkpoints you place.. the first checkpoint is always the finish (which means you can't make races with it)

- checkpoint size in normal map editor mode is different from the cp size in testing mode

- you still can't open the properties gui for pickups by double-clicking

//edit:

However, the mod is now "feature locked", and the Resources package will not be getting any last minute modifications - unless any serious bugs arise.

If you really want the mta:race guys to change to 1.0 .. somebody should at least fix the the bug with the checkpoints, so they can make race maps with the new editor, instead of using the old mta:race editor.

I agree with SATAN, if the RACE edf don't fix, all the race server, don't go to 1.0 so fast...

Edited by Guest

Sorry, but that's just not true. Maybe it's broken if you click the "Test" button in the editor... But if you try "gamemode race " or even just look at the output .map file, you'll see that it works as it should. :)

But if you try "gamemode race " or even just look at the output .map file, you'll see that it works as it should. :)

i've typed that in the console while beeing in the map editor but nothing happened, works only when i start a new server via the mta server.exe (and yes checkpoints do work normaly ..so you're right, it's only bugged in the map editor :P ).

Anyways it's quite annoying that you just can't test your (race) maps directly in the map editor because of this bug. D:

Nice release mta.. Damm you i was going to start playing vG alot more b4 the release so i can get a house before evry1 else nicks um :( I guess you've made that harder for me lol.. And i aint no where near finished my rpg.. but still, awsome :D

The people that dont player nightly will have a nice suprise =]

Nice release mta.. Damm you i was going to start playing vG alot more b4 the release so i can get a house before evry1 else nicks um :( I guess you've made that harder for me lol.. And i aint no where near finished my rpg.. but still, awsome :D

The people that dont player nightly will have a nice suprise =]

When they are all nicked more will be added. We can add them ingame anyway.

Great job dudes!

I've been awaiting for a long time... Since the MTA Race was released! (actually I joined on Deathmatch DP1 release to the community I was just watching the project before).

I'm having plenty of work on my mind, so I can't wait for the release so I can be 100% sure that there will be no compatibility problems.

Cheers ;)

Nidza