Hardcore gamer...but MTA newbie...I have a question!

Ok, I have been playing the GTA series for years and (apart from the shit GTA2) have loved every aspect of the game(s).

A friend and I had a really good idea for a online GTA3, and I knew it would not be long until someone had a go at doing it. There are just endless things that can be done, simply infinate possibilities!

However, I have to ask a question...

"WHAT ABOUT LAG?!"

Surely in a 'world' as large as GTA3 it would be impossible to get a decent frame-rate, unless you have your own personnal T3 line! I myself have a 512k cable modem, the fastest possible in the UK...but I cant see it coping with this.

Can anyone answer my question? Thanks in advance. :)

try downloading the mod yourself adn finding out.

THe lag is pretty bad, I play with my friends over a lan and its killer, but in .3 it should be better.

Right now GTA in multiplayer is rendering everything the exact same way as single player, keeping track of every vehicle and ped on the map (I think?) with no economy scripts in yet. So you can't go anywhere but up!

try downloading the mod yourself adn finding out.

THe lag is pretty bad, I play with my friends over a lan and its killer, but in .3 it should be better.

Right now GTA in multiplayer is rendering everything the exact same way as single player, keeping track of every vehicle and ped on the map (I think?) with no economy scripts in yet. So you can't go anywhere but up!

I will do when I buy the game again, I completed it and then traded it in. If its (lag) a killer during a LAN, that worries me a bit, but then again I have not tried v0.3

"WHAT ABOUT LAG?!"

Surely in a 'world' as large as GTA3 it would be impossible to get a decent frame-rate, unless you have your own personnal T3 line! I myself have a 512k cable modem, the fastest possible in the UK...but I cant see it coping with this.

Frame Rate has nothing to do with your connection speed =P , but since you mean other than that, the lag this version is pretty bad, and I dont think it will be much of a problem in later versions.

Ill explane it to you a bit so you understand.

When you join a game or create a game (dosnt matter) all of your game will go full speed or what ever your computer can handle. The only time you will notice "lag" is when you see the other player, and it isnt realy clased as lag, anyway when you see the other player they will be jumping around, there car will kinda teleport a couple of metres infront of them anc continue like that. Its asif you cant see every 2nd frame or somthing ( but not every 2nd frame) and it will only be to their car, not to your computer or any of the AI. They wont notice this on their computer either, but they will see this happining to you even though you dont notice it. Thats how it basicaly is.