Map Editor (Red Box)

Hey,

Problem 1: I was just testing out the MTA:DM Map Editor but the red box around the selected object is really annoying. Is there any way of removing it?

Problem 2: I converted a MTA:Race map to MTA:DM and after it loads about 3000 of the 10000 objects i get ** Connection Problem ** on my screen and when i press f8 it says it stopped due to an infinity loop?

Question: Does the map editor support multiple people editing the same map? I'm sure i read it somewhere.

Thanks.

• MTA Team

I'm not sure about the first two questions, but as for the latter, yes, it's possible. You'll just need to start a server and start a map editor there, rather than using the main menu's Map Editor option.

go to your mtaserver.conf and set a password there, now start your mtaserver.exe and wait until it says "server is ready to accept connections bla bla." now type start editor in that console and join your server with the chosen password. give the ip port and password of your server (for ip check whatsmyip.com) to the friend you want to edit a map with. the only thing left to do is let him join and start editing.

Ah, Thanks but every time he joins it gives him an error. The server log says "Camera sync packet with invalid target".

What might be the problem?

Oh, his error with my ip masked: download error: could not resolve host: 92.18.*.*%20; No data record of requested type

Edit; Never mind. It works if you browse for the server instead of quick connect.

Problem 1: I was just testing out the MTA:DM Map Editor but the red box around the selected object is really annoying. Is there any way of removing it?

Problem 2: I converted a MTA:Race map to MTA:DM and after it loads about 3000 of the 10000 objects i get ** Connection Problem ** on my screen and when i press f8 it says it stopped due to an infinity loop?

• 2 weeks later...