Start Resource After Login *Help*

Jammie

Hi,

I have a logingui. but i want that he start the welcome window + spawner after you login.I have put this in that welcome window & spawner: addEventHandler("clientLoginSuccess",localRootElement,clientLoginSuccessHandler). Then he do nothing.. Can someone help me with this problem! which line must i add to welcome window and the spawner?. Thanks!

Jammie: I don't give help anywhere else than these forums, and definitely not when you apparently don't even try - this is a matter of adding two symbols into your code... Sorry.

Thehookerkiller01: Whether or not you edited the post later is completely irrelevant. The important thing here is you providing "solutions" that are dead wrong. This is confusing for people who just want help, and annoying to the people who know what they're doing. Please just stop answering until you get a clue.

function ingelogd (thePlayer)
-- do the window stuff and the spawn menu here
end
addEventHandler("onClientLogin", getRootElement(), ingelogd)

better do:

function logedin(thePlayer)
-- Do something here you always want to do.
end

addEventHandler("onClientLogin", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), logedin)

Tip use always English in a program file, it will be cleaner and better to understand.

Why i'm using 'getResourceRootElement(getThisResource())'

Easy, if you start up an other resource in game, it won't call the function of the event.

end

better do:

end

addEventHandler("onClientLogin", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), logedin)

Tip use always English in a program file, it will be cleaner and better to understand.

Easy, if you start up an other resource in game, it won't call the function of the event.

Why o why. onClientLogin is totally irrelevant on which resource was it fired on. It's not onResourceStart there, it's onClientLogin.

It works!! but i have a bigger problem then... if i add this line: addEventHandler( "clientLoginSuccess", getRootElement(),

then it works only every time someone logging in my server then comes the spawner visible... eveytime who logging in :S

maybe local?? but i dont know how.. !!

end

better do:

end

Why o why. onClientLogin is totally irrelevant on which resource was it fired on. It's not onResourceStart there, it's onClientLogin.

OOps true.....

Uhm, can you explain your problem better.?