Include the "Object Animations" (?)

Gobe

Peds have anims in SA, and objects too, lemme explain:

I was brownsing the SA's single game main script when I found codes like this:

" 083A: set_object 359@ animation "POOL_XLONG_SHOT_O" progress_to 42@ "

" 083A: set_object 119@ animation "BD_FIRE1" progress_to 1.0 "

" 075A: set_object 230@ animation "DONUTDROP" IFP_file "MD_CHASE" 4.0 lockF 0 loop 1 "

" 083A: set_object 88@ animation "BBALL_IDLELOOP_O" progress_to 183@ "

These are animation which work with an anim + an object like bouncing a basketball, dropping a donut, I guess there are much more than that, these are just my example.

and I also noticed that "035D: set_object 60@ targetable 0 " I guess this a function to make objects destroyable (like in the Ten Green Bottles near Grove Street, you can shoot bottles there.."

Well there are alot of function that I noticed there but I wouldn't list them all right now.

PS: also, a function to "pause" anims

"0612: set_actor 66@ animation "SHP_HANDSUP_SCR" paused 0 "

This would be cool to see that kind of functions on MTA

You're right about object animations. They exist in GTA SA and I think implementing them into MTA would be nice.

But opcode 035D doesn't make objects destroyable. Some objects can be destroyed, some can't. Those which can be destroyed, they are destroyable by default. Opcode 035D only sets whether the object can be aimed at with auto-aim (when controller type is set to joypad in options) or you can only use manual aiming.

You're right about object animations. They exist in GTA SA and I think implementing them into MTA would be nice.

But opcode 035D doesn't make objects destroyable. Some objects can be destroyed, some can't. Those which can be destroyed, they are destroyable by default. Opcode 035D only sets whether the object can be aimed at with auto-aim (when controller type is set to joypad in options) or you can only use manual aiming.

Oh alright, thanks for this explanation dude... I hope these objects animations are gonna be implented soon! Pause anim is cool too.

Well it could be possible if developers include the possibility to have object animations.

Infact that's already possible to script basketball by moving objects, but that wouldn't look really realistic, object animations would do a better job for it.