[REL] Helicopter Grabbing v1.3

Remp

• 6 months later...

Hey remp are u still walking around here..?

I have some question to you about this gamemode, its possible to glue to a part of the heli..? Like a player crounched on the heli bar ? And then he can shoot ? Does your resource does that?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
sadly, shooting while hanging would be very tricky to do (if possible). currently the only way for you to shoot like that is to enable driveby, which requires you to be inside a vehicle. so you'd have to create invisible vehicles, attach them to heli then driveby from it, which wouldn't even look like hanging anyway

i'm unsure if you can shoot while attached to something, so i don't know if simply 'standing' on the side of the heli and shooting normally would work

as for climbing into the heli while hanging, this is probably possible but it wouldn't look very good at all

i actually fixed the errors you posted a few months ago, but i must have forgotten to upload it. id like to re-write parts of the code again now, so (as its a relatively minor problem) i'll hold that fix for a more substantial release

I think you need a new animation.

Awsome script, congrulations! ;)

• 8 months later...

version 1.3 uploaded:

- some parts of the resource have been rewritten to be faster (performance when not hanging/trying to grab especially should be a whole lot better)

- players will now auto-drop if the vehicle they are hanging on to has its model changed to one that does not support hanging

- changed the exported function names to be more in line with common naming standards

- general code cleanups

This should be completely backwards compatible with any exports/code you use with previous versions (and in my tests it is), but if you have any problems let me know

• 6 months later...