MTA has competition!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but maybe GTA3T will beat all of these mods! I said MAYBE!! If you dunno what's GTA3T go read the thread I made about it...And I'm not sure you can't update your gta3's rip!! Just try to download a no-cd crack for the version 1.1 and replace your gta3.exe by the one of the crack...Or just go on peer to peer like eMule and download the full gta3's version with the 2 cds!That's what I did and it works really well 8)

[GoE]Barna, from ggm, told me that he was researching since July/August 2002, and abandoned it around December 2002, because he thought nobody would appreciate it. Because of our release 0.1 and 0.2 he continued his ggm work and released ggm last sunday. But we're doing this since February 6 (not earlier. yeah really :shock: . I started developing then.. and we released it at February 9). Well? :D

:evil: ....

You write in VB a few lines(30,40)...

He work hard for much more...

Thousends of lines in C++!

The Compare isn't fair!!! :x

GOE is good if you all decide to do something; Good old Demo Derbys on the Shoreside runway. But if your doing nothing together it is kinda boring; the word deathmatch is kind of misplaced. But its a good start anyway.

I cant comment on MTA, as I installed it etc; but as for finding Server IPs im a bit of a noob. Anyway MTA has a nice clean forum, freindly mods, so I will be able to comment on the release of v3, but until then im just playing through 1 player again. (I finished it aaages ago, so its kinda nice to replay through.)

Oh and one thing with GOE - The dodos. Now im no expert, but the game never resets, so those three dodos, as soon as they've been crashed, are gone. Until the server mucks up, which is quite common :roll:

Well I cant say which one to play on, since I havent been able to play MTA yet. All I can say is thankyou to both groups, for bringing multiplayer into Grand Theft Auto Three. *Clap clap clap*

PS: Whoever shuns a game at this point dosent deserve to play MP GTA3 :P

• 3 weeks later...

this ggm thing is fairly old, but it still very good. its only in 0.1 beta, and it has exceeded to do what mta has tried so hard to do. and all that with just one guy. i think 0.3b mta will be better, if it has respawning and is faster, with the gmm gta multiplayer, people seem to hover. so i will play gmm until .3 mta is out, then play the next ggm wen it comes out.

Locking your forum so only registered viewers can look is childish at best.

Thanks to you though I now have found a better WORKING multiplayer mod. Not yours by the way. Someone else beat you guys to it eh? Hehe.

:lol::roll:

lol. what can i say to the above...

There are only 3 mp mods, 2 of which are publiclly available.

You must be talking about ggm.

And beat us to it? - mta was the first (released), and ggm was the first with walking.

Hehe I just saw that Barna is working on GGM 0.2....=D You want a proof... Go see the GGM's Servers List....It's written Version on the top of the last colomn and it's written 0.1 everywhere....So another version is maybe being in construction.....

he is working on another version of his multi theft auto. the version he has currently released is only 0.1a

he is expecting to create many mods for the game, just like mta is trying to do...............................if mta does come out this millenium...... jus' kiddin' :P

• 2 weeks later...

ggm gta is competition, as at the moment, it is the only fully functional mutliplayer gta3 with walking and shooting. Of course if 0.3b does come out anytime soon, gta3 fans will be using ggm, and the ggm will gain more users as time goes on..............unless mta release something soon

actually if i wanna play something MP, i just play Renegade. know that i'm not in a city but i can get the third person veiw so it sorta has the GTA feel. even better when i buy one of the hummers and get to run some of the enemy team over and it takes place on one of the city maps. ah, can't wait to do that in .3.