MTA has competition!

I totaly agree blokker_1999!

But (I haven't seen the other mod yet.. can't be worse than 0.2 because 0.2 didn't work on my computer) I think that 2 teams.., well he's alone but ok.. can be good :)

Now you've got competition and must try to make it better than the other one.. or it won't be played ! So fur us, the players, this is perfect.. you should release quickly to show that you also can do miracles :P

Well I support this team though.. your dutch and so am I!

Make something good of it and I really hope that 0.3 works now.. because I'm sick of error 7 :)

And ow.... why don't I see any progress :(

Is the computer still down??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest the other mod is much better right now..

You dont need to do the stupid car sync thing, you can see the people walking, you can have many players connect to one server, you can chat ingame and its coded in C++. The problems right now are that there are still many bugs, the players walk like the characters from soutpark (very laggy) and there are no other modes than deathmatch. At least now there's competition so hopefully we can see new versions coming out faster and better.

To be honest the other mod is much better right now..

You dont need to do the stupid car sync thing

nor will you have to in 0.3a
, you can see the people walking,
I forget if that's in 0.3a, and i'm too lazy to check
you can have many players connect to one server,
0.3a
you can chat ingame
as before, not sure.
and its coded in C++. The problems right now are that there are still many bugs, the players walk like the characters from soutpark (very laggy) and there are no other modes than deathmatch. At least now there's competition so hopefully we can see new versions coming out faster and better.

Will someone PLEASE get the MTA team and GoE (I think that's his name...) together for a chat or something??? Many things are in MTA that aren't in the other mod, and many things in the other mod aren't in MTA.

Together you guys can create the most kick-ass mod ever. Please don't let this end up like with Apple and Microsoft. That would SUCK.

(Oh ya... and something to think about: R* is making Vice City for PC, due to be released soon. They might have decided to finish the work on MP that they started in GTA3)

Edited by Guest

All right... trying out the mod. Oooh. Nice simple start interface. Reminds me of Xolox (file-sharing thing, like Napster).

I give it a thumbs up. So far. (I haven't started playing yet:P)

okay.. go to their website... get the serverlist... Hmm... It's good. Simple and clean. I don't like their forum as much as this one though... (neutral/thumbs up)

From what I've seen so far, I realize how nice it is to have a simple interface... maybe the MTA team should check that idea out.

Not much documentation. Not even a simple 3 step thing. (thumbs down)

All right... let's try out a server... (I guess I'm supposed to have GTA3 running right now...)

I'd like everyone to note RIGHT NOW, that he created this mod before MTA, allowing a slightly longer time for development. I'd say that this would be the equivalent to 0.3a (or so from what I've heard from the MTA team)

hmm.. wait a sec... all the servers are full. I'll just wait then.

I do agree with his C++ instead of VB stance... I'm not a programmer (although I am learning C right now), but I feel that if an increased speed makes a difference, then go for it.

Yay! an open server! okay... *DING!* what the... "Please set the preferences before connectint to a server" nice grammar GoE:P

But wait! I already set those! ahh... that should fix it. *DING!* hey! I SET THEM! darn computers...

Maybe since it's running directly from a zip file...

okay.. maybe it'll work now.

(okay.. get an IP... paste it in...)

MOTHER F**KER! (I consider bugs in software quite important)

ooooh.... I'm surprised he didn't catch that one. I can't use the username "me" because it's too short or something. okay... darn! server's full now! gotta get into them quickly....

okay... grab another IP... paste it in...

hit connect... *DING!* "you can't connect to a server while GTA3 is running"

okay then...

hmm.. some messages... "connecting to server" "connected" "starting GTA3..."

ah! there it goes!

hmm.. I'm at the starting menu... I'll start a new game and see what happens...

HOLY!!!!!

wow. choppy.

okay.. let's get into a car... hey! there's another player! carrying a shotgun! cool! hmm... he appears to be hovering along. I bet it's magic that's making him do that.

hey! let's go jack a taxi! alright... let's go driving!

hey! another player! I'm going to ram him!

*POW!* hmm... that didn't work out as planned. his car appears to have gone flying 20 feet into the air. how strange.

that chat feature is lacking. you don't know when you're chatting or not, so even as I was typing this, every time I hit "u" it would send a message to everyone. oops.

if MTA is going to do what it promises, then GoE better watch out.

I officially call this mod a pure test mod. if you wanna goof around, then use this. Gameplay is nonexistent (then again, MTA 0.2a had no gameplay either). The only thing that kept me going in this was the "wow" factor. COOL! that guy's driving by me! yay!

in truth, it shouldn't be called deathmatch. it should be called be-a-felon-with-others. :P (not that it means I won't play it, just that I'm gonna keep checking MTA's progress very often. as soon as 0.3a pops in, I'm gonna jump the GoE ship. (unless he does the impossible of creating a game that kicks complete ass at the same time as you guys release 0.3a, but even then, I wanna stick with you guys, cause I think you have a better idea of what would make a good MP mod.)

I'm out.

lol heh, in this corner, geforce, letting out their v0.2! a nice example and possibly the most popular working one to date

and in the next we got the radeon with v0.1 beating the geforce with a lot, yet geforce will be sending out a v0.3 later this month which will kill the v0.1 so they'll be hard at work...

I dont know about you, but between this and gcrap, I see a huge connection! :)

wait..i have geforce 4 ms 64mb...and in my opinoin ..its crap..like cmon i can't even play muiltiplayer with geo...cuz it crashs all the time ..and keeps on sayin

Unhandled expectation: c0000005

At Adress: 0040eb9f

:shock::x:evil: i dun like that....or maybe its the xp !!! i dunno...but im goin to buy a new tower this week with a new prosser and a mother board....cuz i only have 500 mgh... :!: u think it will fix it???

wait..i have geforce 4 ms 64mb...and in my opinoin ..its crap..like cmon i can't even play muiltiplayer with geo...cuz it crashs all the time ..and keeps on sayin

Unhandled expectation: c0000005

At Adress: 0040eb9f

:shock::x:evil: i dun like that....or maybe its the xp !!! i dunno...but im goin to buy a new tower this week with a new prosser and a mother board....cuz i only have 500 mgh... :!: u think it will fix it???

That happens to me a lot too. I believe that it's XP.

Yep also happens to me and I have WinXP, also I dont think I can create a game because I am useing internet sharing with another PC? well I dont know the prob, ohwell. Yay 2 gta3 multiplayer mods, I hope the dont agree to be on the same team because I want more choices and competition.

Hmmm cant hurt eachother when using guns.. cant fight cuz other player doesnt see it... everything is out of sync... wow.. gr8.

Only advantage i c that this has is slightly more stabability, Wakling feature, simplicity

Ok I have just tested it and this is my thaughts on it:

Pros:

Very simple to use, I got into a game in les than 3 mins after downloading the file.

More than one other player, as soon as I got in I saw about 8 people.

Ability to have your name.

You can have a server name.

You can see how many people are playing in the server.

You can get into the actucal game way easier.

Cons:

Your car will look like its lagging.

I had limeted control of my car, I could barley stop in my limo.

Cliping problems, your car seems to half fall through the ground.

Your car is very jumpy.

Crashing is frequent, when I died from my limmo getting stuck in the ground and finding my self in the air for some reaon the server crashed.

Hard to get PC working after a crash.

Player animation problems.

Im going to try this again to see if it works better now but overall I had a pritty bad experience with it. I was in the game for about 2 minutes and than trying to recover my PC for about 3 minutes. This MOD looks very promesing![/b]

the only thing I like about the GoE version is the dedicated server..

A game need a dedicated server to really run properly.. Otherwise you get servers like in Tony Hawk 3, people were lagging either because the connection was too slow or the CPU was slow.

You could at least make a server version which doesn't let you play at all or shows graphics or plays sound.. But would still need the gta3 info to a certian extent.. That can then be built into a full dedicated server later on..

Just puking up some ideas :P

Ok, I really didn't want to take up the space of another thread to ask a simple question, and I hate to sound like a newbie, but how do you take screen pics of games, and or movies. I've tried Fraps, and it doesn't want to work right. Last time I was taking screen pictures was on my P2 266 Packard Bell with games like Duke Nukem and Samerai Showdown, which was simple print screen. Only last year I finally upgraded to a nice modern 1.4 gigahertz system, and just in time for GTA for PC.

And as for the two Multiplayer Mods. I don't see the need for slitting of throats and name bashing, which some has gone on. I just read on their forums a note from the MTA Team with a nice pleasent comment on their client. First off, none of these people will make a dollar from this, unless Rockstar picks them up (which from the recent e-mail, I'd say they're at least going to wait and watch). At the moment, I'd say GGM has the upper hand, at least from my spectrum. I've tried MTA, it didn't work, ended up with garage after garage of burning vehicles. Its probably something that can easily be fixed, and the answers found on this forum, but I choosed to wait for MTA 0.3. Now reading the GGM stuff, I have made that multiplayer mod work. Yeah, can't kill people, the cars basically powered by coffee, the jitters show, nothing is synced, and even after hours of play last night, I had trouble syncing with a friends character, mainly standing in the same spot, but not seeing each other. Now if you read the GGM site, it is a singular guy, and he started this project about a year ago, dropped it, and restarted it when he noticed that MTA and others were still playing the game. All I'm going to say is, its all for the good. The GGM guy doesn't want to work with MTA, that's fine, but who knows, the more people working on a multiplayer program, even if not on the same team, the more power we, the users get. If everyone stays friendly, knowledge is shared, and advances are made. All in all, it benefits us, the krakhead addicted players of GTA3 (and for me, GTA1 to GTA Vice). *Steps from his soap box*

well said waterdeep....

The best advice I can give you is to download the Ultimate Trainer 3.5, it allows you to take multiple screenshots by pressing Tab-U, you can take as many as you want to within a given session. If you want to you can also just press Prt Scr (print screen) but then youd have to exit GTA3 to paste it into a program such as Adobe Photoshop. You'd go to File>New and it should automatically be set to whatever your resolution in GTA3 is (800X600, 1024X728, etc) and then you'd just hit paste, voila!

.p.e.a.c.e.

eh mayb it would be best for them not to join together, if they did , once they got a stable and good version they would most likely end, but with each mod against each other, they will constantly be trying to outdue each other, making the mods better each time, bringing an assortment of things to due beyond what we would get if they did merge :D

[GoE]Barna, from ggm, told me that he was researching since July/August 2002, and abandoned it around December 2002, because he thought nobody would appreciate it. Because of our release 0.1 and 0.2 he continued his ggm work and released ggm last sunday. But we're doing this since February 6 (not earlier. yeah really :shock: . I started developing then.. and we released it at February 9). Well? :D

What, are you yanking your own chain IJsVogel???

Both mods are great, I will continue to follow the development of both and spread the work. But there is no need for the development teams to have animosity towards each other. This is experimental genious, keep it up. The hate will only depreciate the situation and hinder progress...

sorry to say but barnas work is kinda shitty
sorry to say but barnas work is kinda shitty

Headphones, if it wasnt for the fact that i really respect you because u have dont something that i cant i would go off on you.. For the same reason that i give you resepect, you should give barna respect.

Also, as stated several times before, all professional games at least recently, have been mainly not vb. sorry guys.